What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB

WKR
Some 70% of parents are skipping immunizations for their young kids because they’re too scared to go to the doctors office. Heard that in an NPR interview with a pediatrician.

Measles and polio will be running rampant by June, Mother Nature's 1-2 punch against mankind.

Holy crap, governor whitmer has extended our stay at home until May 28.

Hmm maybe on second look it’s just the state of emergency. She did stop camping until the end of June though.
That's a classic example of how this coronavirus thing has become highly politicized. I would suggest that her motives are primarily for attracting Biden's attention as a running mate. She obviously doesn't care about her people or the economy of her state.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
That's a classic example of how this coronavirus thing has become highly politicized. I would suggest that her motives are primarily for attracting Biden's attention as a running mate. She obviously doesn't care about her people or the economy of her state.
I think she's just a tiny tyrant that her subjects call the Gretch.

eamyrick

WKR
Just read a memo by the Medical Director of Travis County (Austin, Texas) and his working assumption at the moment is that the infection rate here is approximately 1%. That doesn’t seem like much of a curve to be shut down for the last month and a half.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Why are all the big livestock companies being told to kill their animals you guys? Why is the government taking farmers animals?

We are heading,

zacattack

WKR
Why are all the big livestock companies being told to kill their animals you guys? Why is the government taking farmers animals?

We are heading,

It’s a lot more complicated than that. Restaurant, lunch rooms, cafeterias etc are some of the largest consumer of meat and dairy products in the US. With those shutdown demand has significantly fallen. Yes there is an increased demand for retail but it’s not an easy shift from bulk to retail products. Next workers in processing are getting sick forcing shutdown of some plants.
Third some animals can’t live through the plant closures, ie hogs and some poultry would be too large to humanely and safely make it to the processing plant if the plant was closed for several weeks to a month.

Laramie

WKR
It’s a lot more complicated than that. Restaurant, lunch rooms, cafeterias etc are some of the largest consumer of meat and dairy products in the US. With those shutdown demand has significantly fallen. Yes there is an increased demand for retail but it’s not an easy shift from bulk to retail products. Next workers in processing are getting sick forcing shutdown of some plants.
Third some animals can’t live through the plant closures, ie hogs and some poultry would be too large to humanely and safely make it to the processing plant if the plant was closed for several weeks to a month.
I think hunters that know how to process reaching out to some of these growers would make sense. Buy a pig or a cow at 50 cents on the dollar would seem like a win for both. I have already made the first calls... no response yet.

Lawnboi

WKR
Holy crap, governor whitmer has extended our stay at home until May 28.

Hmm maybe on second look it’s just the state of emergency. She did stop camping until the end of June though.

Evers did that in WI a while ago till the 26th I believe. Pretty crazy considering. Thencame out with a completely unrealistic phased reopening that included testing everyone along with thorough interviews of the infected.

Northern WI is already packed with the Summer crowd, just not the campers.

RyanT26

WKR
Kansas is not going to be fully reopen until June 1. There are three phases, each phase is 2 weeks. Phase 1 is much the same as the stay at home order. Very much a type of meet the new boss which is the same as the old boss.
I think Governor Kelly’s three phase plan will be largely ignored. Everyone was starting to get back to normal and largely ignoring it anyway

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like all of the " Directives" or " Orders" are out the window. The outlines are so unrealistic, I think they were put together by the same Gov employees that set the budget.

People will just slowly start to come out and re open according to their tolerance and fear level.

Okhotnik

WKR
What sort of groceries do they sell at the local boot store?

So they sell groceries at state liquor and pot stores? How many people are negatively affected every year by alcohol? How many people die every year in auto accidents by people intoxicated with pot and alcohol? The govt keeping liquor and pot stores are for the betterment of human welfare and safety but they close shoe stores and florists?

Do the Los Angeles Lakers sell groceries because they received millions in tax payer funds.

Last edited:

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
So they sell groceries at state liquor and pot stores? How many people are negatively affected every year by alcohol? How many people die every year in auto accidents by people intoxicated with pot and alcohol? The govt keeping liquor and pot stores are for the betterment of human welfare and safety but they close shoe stores and florists?

Do the Los Angeles Lakers sell groceries because they received millions in tax payer funds.
Yeah, let's have 30M+ unemployed people with no access to vices. I'm sure that would go over well...

The governance during this thing is common sense regardless of your leanings.

Okhotnik

WKR
Yeah, let's have 30M+ unemployed people with no access to vices. I'm sure that would go over well...

Good point
People that are intoxicated are more likely to obey quarantine and social distancing and get along better with their spouses and children locked up in their homes.

. And it cures depression. Big brother knows better.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Kansas is not going to be fully reopen until June 1. There are three phases, each phase is 2 weeks. Phase 1 is much the same as the stay at home order.
I think Governor Kelly’s three phase plan will be largely ignored. Everyone was starting to get back to normal and largely ignoring it anyway.

If phase one starts 5/3 and each phase of 3 phases is two weeks how is that fully reopened on 6/1 which is 4 weeks away?

Phone and electronic stores already started curbside sales instead of being closed as per government guidelines....they did not ignore anything and just re-open. All kinds of places are closed and I do not see how closing was largely ignored? The health club/government meeting on protocols/guidelines was yesterday, I believe....if they re-open they will have to follow guidelines and cannot just choose to ignore them. My health/supp store is curbside......as per guidelines.

PMcGee

WKR

There’s no common sense involved at all. Common sense would tell you hundreds of people gathering at a big box store to shop is more of a threat then a few people in a mom and pop store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattB

WKR

They don't sell groceries at hospitals or police stations either. Way to totally miss the point and use that as a launching pad for your diatribe.

Anger really can kill you, U.S. study shows | Article [AMP] | Reuters

Status
Not open for further replies.