What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billinsd

WKR
Really shocking that Kansas would reopen and deny science...

DINOSAURhq1.jpg
Stick Figures with spears and Green saddle ready giant dinosaurs went extinct 10,000 years ago.

Rmauch20

WKR
Actually, as a state the curve is going up but that is from 2 counties with meat processing plants.....exclude them and we are pretty good with KC the worst by far. I am just west of KC by one county and we have right around 50 cases here. My business is just starting to pick up a bit....I have a dry rot/entry door job to look @ this afternoon. Picked up a days exterior painting yesterday while spraying a lawn and pulling weeds in ground cover beds for one account. Hopefully this turns around quickly for everyone who has been adversely effected and folks stay safe from the virus.
I think Kneejerk Kelly‘s change of heart has more to do with impending financial impacts for the state of Kansas then anything else. That and the super virus has had very little impact on the state of Kansas. Almost makes a person think that it was a little bit of bullshit and blown out of proportion.

Rmauch20

WKR
Financial planning or lack-there-of isn't anyone's problem but their own.

Anyone that was still splashing around in high risk stuff and within a couple years of retiring, that's their fault.

Anyone with a timeline of retiring that's past 3-4 years has no reason to worry.

Risk in the market isn't called risk for nothing, if you don't have the stomach for it, stay on the porch.
Financial planning or lack-there-of isn't anyone's problem but their own.

Anyone that was still splashing around in high risk stuff and within a couple years of retiring, that's their fault.

Anyone with a timeline of retiring that's past 3-4 years has no reason to worry.

Risk in the misn't called risk for nothing, if you don't have the stomach for it, stay on the porch.

I could say the exact same thing about the coronavirus if you get it that’s not my problem. Thats your your problem.
If you don’t want to take the risk of going out in the world and stay your ass in your house.
How many people do you think are in the ballpark of 3 to 4 years of retirement. Probably quite a few. They might have a very Different outlook on it.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I think Kneejerk Kelly‘s change of heart has more to do with impending financial impacts for the state of Kansas then anything else. That and the super virus has had very little impact on the state of Kansas. Almost makes a person think that it was a little bit of bullshit and blown out of proportion.

What is right now could be different with a different past, I do not know and I have no crystal ball. I just want things to get going with good common sense guidelines to keep the future bright. I am happy we were not effected badly here and the governor ought to be concerned with Kansas's financial future. Right now it looks like my gym may open back up on Monday. Business's that reopen will have to meet state guidelines/protocols for the type business that they are....... Best Buy and the phone company stores started curbside service on Sunday which was good because I dunked my phone crossing a creek on Saturday evening and was able to pick up an S-20 Sunday.

codpalm

FNG
Obviously there is a big disconnect between Main Street and Wall Street, more then I ever thought. Main Street is feeling the impact. Several I have talked to have stated if Kansas doesn’t open back up on the 4th their saying the hell with it and open anyway.
I am concerned at the rate the feds are throwing money at everything and really so should you. That bill will come due.
Take Kansas, we are looking at a projected loss of 1.2 billion. Cheap oil is also a factor in this hit. So next year it looks like we will be around $650 million short. Many states are in the same boat.

I hope the jobs come back as fast as they left, I just don’t think they will. I hope I am wrong.
This is still going on

BuzzH

WKR
I could say the exact same thing about the coronavirus if you get it that’s not my problem. Thats your your problem.
If you don’t want to take the risk of going out in the world and stay your ass in your house.
How many people do you think are in the ballpark of 3 to 4 years of retirement. Probably quite a few. They might have a very Different outlook on it.

Do what you want, you're a big girl.

Jimmy Crack corn....

Rmauch20

WKR
Do what you want, you're a big girl.

Jimmy Crack corn....

Lol. Your panties in a twist buzz? Remember I want that case of Bud cold when I come to collect. Now run back to HT where your group of chicken littles hang out.

Last edited:

Laramie

WKR
There is enough data to tell us where this is headed. Between 1 and 4 people out of a 1000 who get it are likely to die. That sucks but it is what it is. We closed our country down to prevent overload of the medical facilities. They are not currently overloaded by a long shot nationally so it makes complete sense to open things up. If certain areas get bad and look like they will overload the system, shut those areas down long enough for the hospitals to recover. Then open it back up. The majority of us are going to get this virus at some point. Living in fear to avoid that is crazy. Too many young healthy men and women have died for our freedoms to have us all cringing in fear of the what ifs. Time for it to stop. Live carefully by all means but let's start living again. Let the new normal begin...

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
It is very possible that some big players in this have sold their souls to the devil....greed for wealth and power.

I believe if POTUS uncovers them they will pay for it and I do not think POTUS would ever do that.

eamyrick

WKR
Just got tested for antibodies. Negative. Like I mentioned before I have worked the entire time and had exposure to probably 20-50 people a day. Doesn’t seem that contagious.

Another real world update. My patrol shift (Central Texas) went and got tested for antibodies and we are all negative. Steady contact 4 days a week since this deal started. Doc said the test they are using is 90% accurate.

Another real world update. My patrol shift (Central Texas) went and got tested for antibodies and we are all negative. Steady contact 4 days a week since this deal started. Doc said the test they are using is 90% accurate.

Is this a rural area? How many folks tested would you guess?

eamyrick

WKR
Nope. Metro area over a million people. Testing is sticky because we had folks with symptoms just a month ago and they couldn’t get a test just sent home. Now that the antibody tests are out it looks like to me that we are in for a long ride with this deal. Texas opens back up Friday (although capacity limited to 25%). If I had to wager I would bet we are similar to the other nationwide studies (Minus NYC) that show a 3-4% infection rate.

Is this a rural area? How many folks tested would you guess?

slatebuilder

Lil-Rokslider
Here in rural Pennsylvania people have been asking questions. There appears to be some confusion.

Why is it safe to buy a pair of boot laces at Walmart but not at the local boot store in town?

Why is it safe to buy lumber at Lowe’s/Home Depot but not the local lumber yard?

Why is it safe to take a dump in a port-a-pot sitting next to, but not in the now closed actual restroom facilities at my local boat launch?

Why did Pennsylvania change the death reporting requirements so that county coroners are now bypassed in the cause of death reporting process?

Are we to believe the same experts and scientists that tell us 🐂💩through the media on other topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.