What are your favorite Mountain House meals?

What are you comparing it to?

I’m probably more picky than the average person, and I think there are 6 or 7 that I like. I’m not saying I can live of them for more than a week.

MH Italian Pepper Steak is still my favorite freeze dried meal overall.

I might buy those Peaks you stocked up on 🤪
Mountain House, Readywise and Peak are the three I have had. By my third peak meal I was wishing I had brought readywise or MH. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Teri chix, beef strog, chix ala king, sweet/sour pork. Chili Mac is banned if sharing a tent. I haven't tried the newer ones so can't comment.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Dang, I lived for a week on those last fall. I no longer have a favorite. If I HAD to choose one it would be the stroganoff.

keller

WKR
I like Peak Refuel too, but they only have a 5 year shelf life. Unfortunately these are for emergencies, not backpacking so the shelf life is a big factor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230126-195200_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-195200_Chrome.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 17
My faves of Mountain House are chili mac, biscuits and gravy (follow the instructions) and stroganoff. If you haven’t already checked out the Peak Refuel meals do so. They require less water and they’re all pretty good. My special tip is to save up any single serve condiments you get throughout the year and throw them in with your backcountry food. Easy extra calories or flavor for your freeze dried/ dehydrated meals.

Mag_7s

WKR
A couple of my favs that haven't seen mentioned mentioned are MH chicken fajitas and MH chicken fettuccine alfredo. I pack tortillas for the fajitas cuz who eats fajitas without tortillas and two the added calories. A little tapatio goes nicely with as well. Has anyone noticed the calorie count had gone down on MH over the past few years?

Mountain house Beef stroganoff, lasagna, bizkits and gravy, breakfast scramble, chicken and dumplings are all pretty good. Didn't like teriyaki. I don't eat them every day of hunt, about every other day. I do organic Ramen or rice noodle, regular ramen with about half spice pack with canned chicken or tuna or pouches of tuna. Oatmeal for breakfasts and lots of clif bars and granola and trail mix for snacks.