What are you feeding your dog?

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Right now I am feeding my Wire Haired Pointing Griffon Purina Puppy Pro... Was going to switch to the Purina Pro Plan 30/20 but I have been reading up on the Inukshuk seems like pretty good stuff.

Got me wondering, what is everyone feeding their dogs?

Usually a mix of any of the following...

- Wild game off cuts that have dried out or were dirty in the field.
- Some wild game that is surplus to our needs.
- Decent quality commercial dog food (forget the brand).

We have an old Malamute and old pig dog.

K98

FNG
I feed Fromm dry food on rotation and switch flavors/lines with every bag. (Every two weeks). I mix THK into 1/2 meals per day for one of my dogs, and also do some sort of combination of a raw egg, chicken gizzards/hearts, full fat Greek yogurt, sardines, salmon, canned food, PB, coconut oil, and (raw or cooked depending on what's available) meat at dinner time. I want to feed raw full time, but just don't have the means to at the moment. They get random raw "meals" a few times a week but dry food/dehydrated raw is their staple.

Elkbelch

FNG
We have two labs both males from the same liter. We feed Exclusive adult to the black one and Exclusive high energy to the white one because he can’t keep weight on. They are both very active but the white one runs quite a bit harder. We supplement with leg quarter deboned after cooking. They also get all the scraps from game ground and cooked the same way. We freeze all the supplement foods in ziplock bags and sit one in the fridge as needed, last’s about a week.

Shawn

*zap*

WKR
Some puppy chow and black beans mixed into raw ground beef, also one egg and 2 cups of milk a day.

15# 6 month old terrier.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I was feeding my 2 labs purina pro plan but the price pushed me away. My younger dog is on Victor hi pro plus and the older dog is on Diamond Naturals. Both a doing great on their food.

Most recommended brands on a bird dog page are Victor and Inukshuk

jorswift

Lil-Rokslider
Feed my WPG Purina Pro Sensitive stomach and skin. Lamb and Rice. Seems to likes it. She has some skin and stomach issues early on. #Remidog #Remidogthegriff

Previously fed PPP 30/20, switched a year and a half ago to Victor 30/20 teal bag, love it. Cant go wrong with PPP, Victor, or Inukshuk. PPP is a little expensive for my taste, and you have to order Inukshuk by the pallet

Fitzwho

WKR
I feed my dogs Wellness Core. My English Pointer has been on it for 13 years and she has done really well on it. So sticking with it for my two new dogs (Schnauzer and American Water Spaniel).

grfox92

WKR
I used to feed my dogs the ultra premium Taste of The Wild. Once I got tired of spending a small fortune I switched to Diamond Naturals, blue or red bag. Good quality food and not too expensive.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I had all my dogs on Native #2 for years. When I picked up Oscar (WPG) last summer, the breeder said he's fed Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20 to all the dogs in his kennel, at all stages of life, for as long as its been out. I transitioned my adult dogs to PPP and immediately noticed better stools, coats, and overall demeanor. It's actually a little cheaper than Native and comes in a bigger bag. To reduce supply anxiety, I started an Amazon subscription about 10 months ago. They deliver a 50 pound bag to my door every 3 weeks for I believe $65.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Pro Plan 30/20 salmon formula for my golden, great shine and is in top shape. The Meateater vet who is a bird dog nut uses Pro Plane 30/20 for what it's worth. Digests it well and it seems to help him keep enough weight on during pheasant hunting and running in the summer.

TSAMP

WKR

Adding this here as it covers some brands not mentioned. I'm still on Victor over PPP, but I'm probably going to change again.

CRJR45

WKR
I started him on Blue Wilderness puppy food , but he developed a terrible odor , so I switched him to Science Diet puppy food .
I'm trying to find something better myself .

IMG_2617.jpg

jhm2023

WKR
I have a 6 year old GSP and 2 year old Drahthaar that I kept on Diamond performance for a long time. It seemed like they started shedding more than normal and had dry skin. I switched them to pro plan and it solved those issues and they seem to really enjoy it too. Now if it wasn't so dang spendy.

I've read tons and tons of dog food labels and reviews. I ultimately put on the blindfold and threw the dart at Purina Pro Plan. Just too many others out there feeding it with little complaint.

Have Draht friends that feed Inukshuk too. That would be the other direction i'd go if I was wanting a change.