What are you feeding your dog?

Probably already stated here somewhere but most of us probably take more care and feed our dogs better than what we put in our own bodies!

I've always liked Fromms products.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
Kirkland brand lamb and rice formula for my 9.5 year old lab. It is all she has eaten and she is doing great.

We make ours. Ground 80/20 turkey, brown rice, peas, carrots and spinach. Our oldest is going on 9 years and had reactions to all the store bought stuff (odd for a mutt) so we started making it when she was around 1yo. She loves it, has a great coat and digests it well. We’ll make around a months worth at a time and just thaw out a weeks ration every Sunday.

KurtR

WKR
Kinetic 30/20. Next would be pro plan and victor. My lab has the most sensitive stomach ever. I also use k9 thrive pro biotic

BadDogPSD

WKR
Victor Performance. We tried PPP, but they refused to eat it after a while. One or two bags had a sour smell when opened. Those were returned.

Rob5589

WKR
Pro Plan beef and rice. He gets occasional meat scraps and eggs; loves carrots and bananas, goes crazy for them.

Taste of the wild salmon mix. It's the only food that would work for our oldest lab. She has serious allergies/gut issues. Price just went up again on it though. We have 3 labs so it adds up 🤷‍♂️

In the retriever world most are feeding PPP 30/20. I personally feed Dr Tims feed and have great results. I am only feeding one dog now though so the cost isn't an issue.

I had my GWP on PPP 30/20 until he had to have a chunk of wood removed from his stomach that he ate and he stopped eating it, switched him to Merrick and have had good results.

Last edited:

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
Pro Plan is good stuff. My dogs aren’t sporting dogs anymore but it’s what they get.

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
Over the years have fed Pro Plan, Canidae, Fromm to past dogs. I feed my 5 year old Draht American Natural Premium original recipe. He does great on it.