What are you feeding your dog?

TSAMP

WKR
Any inukshuk users here experience excessive grass consumption after making the switch? I'm about 3 months in and I can't keep either dog out of my yard eating at grass roots. I notice they both especially go at it immediately after they eat.

My PPs coat has seen great improvements on this kibble so I'm hesitant to switch off it, but this seems abit much.

Attachments

• 20240319_190817.jpg
    20240319_190817.jpg
    885.8 KB · Views: 22

*zap*

WKR
Cheesy white rice with chicken or ground beef and black beans primary. I make extra when I prepare mine. He gets a bit of pb if I have some and sometimes apple.
Occasionally canned salmon and beans. Occasionally chicken and beans.
He has eaten small rabbits & squirrels.
Zero processed dog food.

Glad to hear many are using Purina products. It's a great, well run company and their attention to the needs of dogs and cats are first rate and the food engineers are second to nobody. I worked with many of them. They have awesome R&D labs and a ton of work goes into every single SKU of product by many different professions and management levels before being released, whether the wet or dry varieties of food. Sure, it's more expensive but nobody in the business spends the amount of money Purina does on R&D and few in the business have the quality assurance that Purina upholds. They have a stellar reputation and are the #1 pet food company for a reason. I spent well over a decade there so I speak with great knowledge. For the most part, most others follow what Purina does since most don't have the deep pockets Purina has to perform this level of R&D and run state of the art processing equipment. They invest much of the profits right back into the factories and R&D. I can guarantee you that the cleanliness of their factories are a high priority. BTW, they donate a LOT of food for pets all over the world and are the first at every natural disaster with aid for pets and people (Purina is a division of Nestle'). They built a massive arena complex in St Louis for pet owners to show their pets and hunting dog trials etc and supports many pet oriented organizations and shelters. I can go on and on, but you get the picture. All of these great things they do come at a cost, so yes, some of their high-end products are a bit more expensive than others, but it definitely isn't because the shareholders are greedy......far from it. Certainly, there are other companies with great products too, so you just have to see what your pet likes and what works for them health-wise. Thanks to all of the sliders for supporting the Purina brand of pet food.

grfox92

WKR
We fed our dogs Taste of the Wild for the first 1.5 years of their life. Then we had to be a little more realistic with price and switched them to Diamond Naturals. We felt it was a good balance between the premium stuff and the ultra cheap crap that gives your dog cancer and a short life.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
Any inukshuk users here experience excessive grass consumption after making the switch? I'm about 3 months in and I can't keep either dog out of my yard eating at grass roots. I notice they both especially go at it immediately after they eat.

My PPs coat has seen great improvements on this kibble so I'm hesitant to switch off it, but this seems abit much.
Sorry I can’t help, i feed my PP Next Level, No one seems interested why a 5 month old threaded was revived. Good luck.

Wellsdw

WKR
Diamond blue bag for our Pyrenees, and husky. Diamond pro89 for my malinois. I have trouble keeping weight on him during tracking season. Diamond has always been what we go back to after trying others. Also easy to find and reasonably priced. Personal preference I minimize chicken in foods.

TSAMP

WKR
Sorry I can’t help, i feed my PP Next Level, No one seems interested why a 5 month old threaded was revived. Good luck.
All good, just learning about the other brands out there gives some ideas.

just switched to Victor hi-pro plus after feeding Purina pro plan. Not sure if there was a switch in the processing and raw ingredients or if i got a bad batch? it looked and smelled like the last bag. But it made all 4 of my dogs have bad diarrhea almost over night when i started that bag, and for the rest of the time i fed it to them.

KurtR

WKR
After trying a few foods I am feeding Kinetic. Dog has a sensitive stomach and does really well with it

jmez

WKR

Not seen that with my dogs.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

tops911

FNG
I feed Inukshuk 30-25 and add a heaping tablespoon of Honest Kitchen dehydrated dog food. I'm feeding 2 Drahts and a Teckel. I really like the combo. If I could afford it I'd just feed the Honest Kitchen dehydrated food. I found using the Honest Kitchen really seems to help the dog's digestive system. I can totally change kibble brands and the dog will not have diarrhea like why typically happens. I was in the Army and moved every 2 years and without fail I'd have to change kibble. It helped my first Draht who was kind of gassy, with a little Honest Kitchen added to the kibble the gas went away. A kibble I used in Germany was Belcando, I'd use that here if it was available, I had great results with it the 2 years we were in Germany.
Anyway that's what works for me and the pups