What are you eating on your hunts this year?

grfox92

WKR
Oatmeal out of the packets in the morning.

Ramen for lunch, the more expensive ones you get in the Asian section made with rice noodles, no MSG and less salt and crap.

Bagels with the tuna packets for lunch.

Idaho instant potatoes, and some type of dehydrated meals for dinner.

Lots of granola bars, loose granola, peanut butter packets for snacks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
Mountain house
Hawk Vittles
Tortilla/peanut butter/pepperoni wrap
Tuna fish
Ramen
Canned mackerel with red peppers and olives (scrumptious)
Peanut M&M's
Sunbelt granola bars
Clif bars

Tried some Knorr noodles and rice packs this year and I though they were not good.

WCB

WKR
lived out of a back pack for 6 days in MT elk hunting. Figured out I only need Peak/mountain house a day and a couple snack bars (chocolate dipped granola bars). I never packed a lot of food but decided to try what guys have been posting on here. No idea how guys eat that much also adds a lot of weight. I put on about 15 miles a day some more.

Lived for another 4 days in WY out of the back pack and same thing. Morning have a couple granola bars and a MH/Peak for dinner.

Titan_Bow

WKR
lived out of a back pack for 6 days in MT elk hunting. Figured out I only need Peak/mountain house a day and a couple snack bars (chocolate dipped granola bars). I never packed a lot of food but decided to try what guys have been posting on here. No idea how guys eat that much also adds a lot of weight. I put on about 15 miles a day some more.

Lived for another 4 days in WY out of the back pack and same thing. Morning have a couple granola bars and a MH/Peak for dinner.

I realize everyone is different, but my experience has been the exact opposite, especially in places where I’m doing significant elevation gain/loss or covering a lot of miles. I hunt mainly Colorado and maybe the altitude plus into that too, but man, I will hit that “wall” if I’ve been putting on the miles or say I drop a couple thousand feet and go up a couple thousand on the other side. I need those calories or I feel like sh!t. For me, I try to get minimum 2600 or so, up to 4000 or so, depending on the situation. For me, I like to eat smaller portions throughout the day. Breakfast when I wake up, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, and then dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With hunting season upon us, I was curious to hear what other Roksliders plan on eating this year. I have several hunts planned and am looking to try some healthier food options this go around. So far I have:

- Peak Refuel - bought a bulk box of meals (~9 or so) for 20% off earlier this year
- Honey Stingers / Justin's PB
- Hydration supplements - picked up some Warrior Fuel Ellevate, Pedialyte Powder and Nuun Tablets
- Dehydrated fruits - mangoes (with some light tahin seasoning), apples, banana's

So what are you guys planning on eating? Maybe we can share some good bulk food deals as they come up.
I am loving the peak refuel meals!

A friend of mine recently camped and hunted 5 days and only brought a case of chili and a loaf of bread. Threw it in a backpack with camping gear, hopped on the dirtbike and went to camp.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitebeard