What “luxury” items do you carry on your back?

Currymac

FNG
I started to carry a small Blank hard spine book. Each night in the tent its nice to write down everything you saw and what happened. its easy to forget the little things even after a few days. Something I can re-read one day or my kids can read .
I really like this idea. I might need to start packing a journal because you’re right there are so many experiences that you take for granted. But looking back and reading those journal entries would be a very cool thing to do.

Fleshlight

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That’s a must for solo hunts, but a like minded hunting partner and a steamy hot tent with stove is best. Even better if you get bags with opposite zippers so you can zip together on cold nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WRO

WKR
That’s a must for solo hunts, but a like minded hunting partner and a steamy hot tent with stove is best. Even better if you get bags with opposite zippers so you can tip together on cold nights.

No ever shares a tent twice at my camp lol..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
I once did a punishing three-day hike around an island - almost all walking on sand with the loss of propulsion that brings, as well as sunlight reflected up into your face all day.

At the end of the first day, the rest of us were exhausted. The hike leader, a massive ex-army guy, promptly opened his pack, pulled out a camp chair, sat down grandly, pulled out a bottle of champagne and uncorked it, and pulled out a tin of caviar ... and proceeded to drink the whole bottle and eat the whole tin while we cooked up our Constipation House meals.

Prick.

River1313

Lil-Rokslider
As other mentioned I think having a pillow and camp shoes are a luxury worth having. I like the idea of taking a journal like others mentioned to capture some of the cool moments and data that you might forget.

My favorite pillow is the "My Pillow" travel edition. Put it down in the bottom of your pack and it smashes down pretty small.

For me it's way more comfortable than any inflatable I own.

My chair gets packed in during pre season scouting and lives in our camp until we tag out or season ends.
It's the Helinox chair two. I like having a high back chair. It's heavy but worth it for me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SonnyDay

WKR
Luxury Items:
  • Bourbon
  • Inflatable pillow (Sea to Summit)
  • A butt pad made of a piece of an old ridge-rest (or packing material from purchased electronics)
  • Ridge Rest chair sleeve (you shove a ridge rest into it for rigidity)

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
Tengley ankle high boots. EVO rubber same as Crocs without the HOLES. Light weight and give my feet a break from hunting boots.

Deck of cards and book if I get weathered in tent.

Personally I would ditch the hatchet, cot, tripod. If the tent light runs on replaceable batteries ditch it too. If its rechargeable, then maybe. I sometimes carry a little goal zero rechargeable lantern and a tiny solar panel if we are base camping. Don't like burning batteries on a head lamp in camp, much rather keep them fresh for hiking/ field dressing in the dark. The ti stove is awesome, if you can split the weight. I split the weight by not buying one, then carrying on about how cold it is going to be when ever I talk to my buddy who has one and a tipi. It appears in camp every season, then I get to dry my boots out...

Clarktar

WKR
Extra pair of socks and gummy gummy gummy bears

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk