What a great day for me and i would expect others!

I disagree. What does a guy that lives in a mansion know about HUD? I'm not saying put a community organizer in the position but someone that has a knowledge of what some of the repercussions of their decisions will mean. Don't make it a politician. I don't care. But there are plenty of smart non politicians with experience in the field. This screams cronyism to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I feel like your argument is predicated on the fact that hes a brain surgeon living in a mansion. Do you know ben carsons history or past? Im very familiar, as I'm from the detroit area. I'll let you research it before this goes any further.

2ski

WKR
You're allowed to feel trepidation. I did when obama became president, twice. But a lot of people who are against trump, are acting like its the end of times. Some of it goes a little far. I mean, watch some of the videos of these people screaming, playing with play doh, puppies, counseling, etc. Nobody says you have to like it,or even give him a chance. But some shit is really going too far.
I agree. And it also went too far when Obama became president. It needs to stop for all of this. But that also means people on all sides need to call it out when it happens.

I also realize Carson was not rich growing up. But I don't personally think that qualifies him.

Growing up in Detroit, when it was a shit hole,and making something of yourself, from probably the hardest circumstances in the 60s and 70s in americas shittiest urban area doesn't qualify you? I'd like to hear what you think qualifies someone for that position. That man experienced racism to a ridiculous degree, a failing school system, poor housing situations, and crime like you would never know. And he found a way out. He knows the inner workings, and his intelligence level is off the charts. So he has experience, and hes very intelligent, I dont think the pick can get any better.

2ski

WKR
I feel like your argument is predicated on the fact that hes a brain surgeon living in a mansion. Do you know ben carsons history or past? Im very familiar, as I'm from the detroit area. I'll let you research it before this goes any further.
It's not. His area of expertise is medicine. If he was made the surgeon general...that makes more sense.

I wouldn't make a paralegal the attorney general.

2ski

WKR
Growing up in Detroit, when it was a shit hole,and making something of yourself, from probably the hardest circumstances in the 60s and 70s in americas shittiest urban area doesn't qualify you? I'd like to hear what you think qualifies someone for that position. That man experienced racism to a ridiculous degree, a failing school system, poor housing situations, and crime like you would never know. And he found a way out. He knows the inner workings, and his intelligence level is off the charts. So he has experience, and hes very intelligent, I dont think the pick can get any better.
I just want to interrupt our debate and say we are disagreeing but I find you well spoken and polite and I wanted to thank you for keeping this back and forth that way.

It's not. His area of expertise is medicine. If he was made the surgeon general...that makes more sense.

FIFY - "One of his areas of expertise is medicine"

You might not make a para your AG but I'd be willing to bet you'd make an AG your para if you could..... which is the case here. Running HUD will be small potatoes to what he's done throughout the rest of his life. You certainly don't have to be homeless to understand HUD

But you see, you're using the transitive property, that doesn't apply here. Surgeons can do other things besides surgery. But people who do other things like community organize, cannot do surgery. That simply doesn't work.

I just want to interrupt our debate and say we are disagreeing but I find you well spoken and polite and I wanted to thank you for keeping this back and forth that way.

I always do. Slinging insults and what not gets nobody anywhere. I guess that philosophy degree I paid for and don't use to generate income does come in handy.

2ski

WKR
I always do. Slinging insults and what not gets nobody anywhere. I guess that philosophy degree I paid for and don't use to generate income does come in handy.
A crap. I'm quitting now. I didn't know I was debating a dude with a philosophy degree. Lol.

I'm curious what you guys think about Zinke for Interior? He's against fed land transfer, and so is Trump. That was my second favorite pick behind his Secdef.

Serious question: those of you who are happy with our new PEOTUS seem to have the common idea that Obama was a terrible president. I'm of the opinion that no matter who is in office my life isn't affected too much. I think Obama did some good things with an obstructionist Republican congress. He did some bad things too. Can you really say that your life has been measurably worse for the last 8 years?

For the good of my fellow countryman, R and D, I hope Trump does some good things. I'm puzzled by the fact he ran on a "populist" platform but has put forth the most wealthy cabinet in history. Not sure how that is speaking for the common man. Most of his talk lacks substance and likely won't move forward in the way he says. I don't think he really cares about anybody but himself and his own inflated ego. Hopefully he destroys the Republican establishment (ie The Swamp, who seem to be fully undrained post election).

Funny video about Clinton checking out Ivanka. Pretty sure her father looks at her and has said things about her that are pretty creepy. For the record:

donald-ivanka-trump-throwback-photo-ftr-1.jpg

Russp17

WKR
Pretty easy to throw the nasty adjectives around when someone's a few thousand miles away........

Like a few of his predesessors, he won a few and lost a few. I differ with many of his policies, but still wish him the best as he leaves office.
Running this country is a monumental job, and there are no perfect records. The 08 recession and the 9/11 attacks happened on Bush's watch, and Clinton, well, he had his problems too! On a front that we can almost all agree on, public land policy, his administration did very well.

I read a book a few years ago titled 'The Finish', by Mark Bowden. It went through the last few years of the hunt for Bin Laden and the raid on his compound in Pakistan. Based on the intel they had, the raid was quite a gamble. It could have, and almost did, save for a very skillful helicopter pilot, become a real fiasco. The President had to make the decision, and in that case, he won. That book made me think about decisions like that, and I doubt that my decisions would be right more than anyone else. Interestingly enough, sources in the book said it wasn't until after Obama took office that the heat was turned up to hunt him down.

I want to believe that our current President will do well. I feel I need to give him the benefit of the doubt, but my gut doesn't allow me to get too hopeful. I have read quite a few books in the last few years on the last few presidents, and if one thing stands out, it is that a presidency is made or broken by the people he surrounds himself with. Some of Trump's picks give me some hope, and some seem a little too much like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

On a final note, today a man who is still married to his first wife and the mother of his daughters left office. He was replaced by a man married to his supermodel third wife. To be faithful to your marriage vows and love the mother of your children takes a base level of integrity, and I applaud him for it.

This is almost exactly how I feel. I dO not agree with all of Obamas policies, but it was nice having 8 years of a man with a moral compass to be with his first wife, raise two children and lead a country. I'm wishing trump luck and I hope he can back off the division in this country and maybe with any luck he will delete his twitter account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you really say that your life has been measurably worse for the last 8 years?

measurably worse? tough to say.... he did almost cause me to shutdown operations because employement costs got to high with the terms of his "affordable health care". I do have a pile of newer vehicles I didn't need though in lieu of employees because it was cheaper to buy those than health insurance and get the tax write off.

5.00$ gas was easier than the AHCA

Hall256

WKR
The old saying of "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

These top cabinet posts need more leadership, vision, and managerial skills vice a lifetime of work in said field. When CEOs get rotated across companies, does it matter that they started as a technician or salesman in said company, nope. They are brought in (usually) on their ability to instill a sense of purpose and direction and reverse course for a failing company. There are many agencies in our federal government that are failing, and previous administrations have brought in the same old people to fill them. I am glad this administration is bring in outsiders that poses vision and leadership and perhaps with an outsiders perspective will challenge the status quo of these agencies.

Serious question: those of you who are happy with our new PEOTUS seem to have the common idea that Obama was a terrible president. I'm of the opinion that no matter who is in office my life isn't affected too much. I think Obama did some good things with an obstructionist Republican congress. He did some bad things too. Can you really say that your life has been measurably worse for the last 8 years?

For the good of my fellow countryman, R and D, I hope Trump does some good things. I'm puzzled by the fact he ran on a "populist" platform but has put forth the most wealthy cabinet in history. Not sure how that is speaking for the common man. Most of his talk lacks substance and likely won't move forward in the way he says. I don't think he really cares about anybody but himself and his own inflated ego. Hopefully he destroys the Republican establishment (ie The Swamp, who seem to be fully undrained post election).

Funny video about Clinton checking out Ivanka. Pretty sure her father looks at her and has said things about her that are pretty creepy. For the record:

donald-ivanka-trump-throwback-photo-ftr-1.jpg

I measure a presidents effectiveness in their ability to handle foreign issues, budget, debt, and american interests. I never hated obama, but hes a mediocre president at best. Great speaker, class act, decent man, all are great qualities, but they dont correlate to presidential effectiveness.

2ski

WKR
But you see, you're using the transitive property, that doesn't apply here. Surgeons can do other things besides surgery. But people who do other things like community organize, cannot do surgery. That simply doesn't work.
Look it wasn't an apples to apples comparison but you get the point I'm trying to make. You may not agree with me but you know what I'm trying to get at.

And I know what you're saying about the community organizer thing. But I am not advocating for one. I'm saying that I think there have to be better qualified people. Can we agree that the appearance of this looks like what every other politician does? Giving a position like this to one of the first big name politicians to jump on board the trump campaign? Isn't that kind of the thing that Trump should be against?

Russp17

WKR
I'm curious what you guys think about Zinke for Interior? He's against fed land transfer, and so is Trump. That was my second favorite pick behind his Secdef.

I like the pick seems like a reasonable choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
FIFY - "One of his areas of expertise is medicine"

You might not make a para your AG but I'd be willing to bet you'd make an AG your para if you could..... which is the case here. Running HUD will be small potatoes to what he's done throughout the rest of his life. You certainly don't have to be homeless to understand HUD
I didn't say that. If they made a homeless person the HUD secretary I would really think they were nuts. But I think there are people that work with homeless people daily that could do the job better. Like say a director of some nonprofit that works with homeless people. Not a community organizer. Don't put words in my mouth.