We need to start lobbying for point system reform

There are simple solutions for reducing point creep (at least in CO).

Any A list tag takes your points even if it’s a LO voucher. That one’s gonna be huge.
I couldn't agree more but it's hard to do that in Colorado when even the people on the draw process working group arnt hardly in favor of giving points up for licenses. lol

Everyone (which happens to be mostly residents) on that draw process working group are just looking out for themselves and not even trying to accomplish what the group is actually being asked to do.

But when I bring that up, I'm just a disgruntled NR. lol Whatever.

Tell me one thing they have suggested that will comply with "Their Vision". All of their meetings they had were a disorganized cluster-F waste of time.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 125247.png

OP
B
Hey OP, if this is your takeaway from this thread you need to take a long look in the mirror and at how you carry yourself. You run away when your post history is brought up, then go to the other forum and selectively share the facts to make yourself feel better.

I remember when you did that with your cow elk hunting story too.

If you think anything said in this thread has been outside of societal norms, please go outside and interact with the real world. When you post online, it is permanent. When you post dumb things, people remember.
I know exactly what this post is and what you are trying to do. I wasn’t gonna give you the satisfaction, but I’ll just leave with this.

I’ve been around the forum game for a long time. 30k posts or some sort and 20 years of playing this game various places. In that time I’ve gotten exactly one warning anywhere and I’ve never been banned.

I’ve never felt the need to comb through someone’s years old unrelated threads, some of which discuss personal matters, because I happened to disagree on an issue.

I never felt the need to search the internet to stalk someone on another forum to try and goat them into a personal attack.

In a thread discussing point creep of all things.

I know many people here don’t like some of my opinions. That’s fine, that’s their right. Somehow though plenty of people seem to find it interesting and insightful as well, at least according to my reaction score.

You are certainly correct, there are a few people who need to look in the mirror at their conduct.

WTFJohn

WKR
I know exactly what this post is and what you are trying to do. I wasn’t gonna give you the satisfaction, but I’ll just leave with this.

I’ve been around the forum game for a long time. 30k posts or some sort and 20 years of playing this game various places. In that time I’ve gotten exactly one warning anywhere and I’ve never been banned.

I’ve never felt the need to comb through someone’s years old unrelated threads, some of which discuss personal matters, because I happened to disagree on an issue.

I never felt the need to search the internet to stalk someone on another forum to try and goat them into a personal attack.

In a thread discussing point creep of all things.

I know many people here don’t like some of my opinions. That’s fine, that’s their right. Somehow though plenty of people seem to find it interesting and insightful as well, at least according to my reaction score.

You are certainly correct, there are a few people who need to look in the mirror at their conduct.

No one had to comb through your posts. It took me about 3 seconds to remember exactly who you were, I'm sure I'm not the only one. It is no one's responsibility but yours as to what gets posted under your user name. If you're not happy with things you've said here, go back and delete the thread (or learn to think through your thoughts before posting them). Or just don't post personal shit. I brought up none of that, only hunting related things on a hunting website.

Congrats on being the age of an adult, I think I was on a forum first in 2002 or so and have never been banned either. I wasn't trying to goad you into anything, nor was what I said anything different than what I would tell you in person if we ever met. You should layer your reaction score like armor to thicken up that skin.

And don't flatter yourself on the 'stalking', you use the same screen name and posted both topics to General Discussion on the respective sites, literally the same day you 'left' here.

No one is asking you to leave, that is a decision you're making yourself. If you're feeling run off because of your opinions, maybe reflect on why members here may feel this is a disingenuous conversation happening in bad faith. (Hint: it's having multi-page threads year after year where you take up opinions opposed to those you held prior)

This thread should die.

FredIII

FNG
The most common point made here is that if it was much more difficult to put in then the "guys " That really want to hunt would have a better chance of getting a tag. LOL. Muddy the water is a piss poor strategy.

If you don't like point system just buy tags from landowners or hit the raffles super hard. Crying about how much more you want a tag than so and so who doesn't do his homework is silly.
To the point made about buying preference points and not using them! Well if a guy buys a 100 years worth of points and never try's to get a tag he's in no way affecting your odds that is science my friend pure science.
Only thing I care about when buying points is that at some point I will have a chance to draw, I want as many of my tickets in as many hats as possible too my liking and its all I can afford. lol. I actually feel like my points are my property and I should be able to will them to anyone I want to in the event of my death. ( imagine the butt hurt if little Johnny got a tag with his daddy's 45 bull points).