washington winter trip

i think most peoples season are either done, or in a lull right now. lets talk about dates and locations for the WA winter trip :cool:

my thoughts: snow camp. semi flat so people can drag sleds if they want. not too far so hunt'n'fish can bring his liquor store. jan/feb/march?

My hunting doesn't die down until the middle of January. After that I only have predator hunting.

So I'm good with the end of January or February.

I am only familiar with locations down south near Mt. Adams, and during that time of the year most of the main roads will be closed so it'll be extra walking to get into places. I'll bring my sled, fill it with wood and help out with the fire.

The last weekend of January is a good one since it's the lull week before the hawks win the super bowl!

Triple and I talked a little last night and we are thinking of heading over to the desert unit. Guys could look for shed horns and go predator hunting if they want. It's also a good place to do some shooting. It would also be flat for all the guys who want to pack "heavy".

I'm in for the last weekend of January.

Triple and I talked a little last night and we are thinking of heading over to the desert unit. Guys could look for shed horns and go predator hunting if they want.
I think that's a great idea! I'm trying to squeeze a little yote hunting into January already and was worried the trips would conflict.

Not sure it'll matter but remember there'll still be fellas hammering greenheads out there end of January. A lot of the parking areas are 5 car max but some aren't.

I'm out for this one, won't be back in the states until late April. I'm already looking forward to our summer trip though! We may need to get a late spring trip together as well.

Back