Washington Elk hunters Sound off...

Are you a Archery, Muzzle loader or Modern firearm hunter?

• Archery

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Muzzle loader

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Modern firearm

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Jason277

WKR
Hello fellow Washington elk hunters. As the summer begins and the fall quickly approaches I just wanted to see what other guys are doing this year. Are you an archery guy, muzzy, modern firearm? Do you hunt the Wet side or the Dry side? Do you call or roll in silent ? A western guy here. I've got one elk under my belt and hoping for more in the future...... Thanks, Jason

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Moved away from WA to WY this year after living there for 7 years. Never hunted a day in WA in all those years and will just let my points go. Total waste of time, literally. Too many better options to spend any days hunting there.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Moved away from WA to WY this year after living there for 7 years. Never hunted a day in WA in all those years and will just let my points go. Total waste of time, literally. Too many better options to spend any days hunting there.
Where in Wyoming?

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Dry side for me. I try not to hunt it though. It’s only if I don’t draw in another state. I have struck out so far this year so…

I always hunt deer on the dry side, because I’m lucky to have links to productive private land.

Some of other days fawn protection work.

IMG_1272.jpeg

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Dry side - modern here. Thinking about switching to muzzle loader to get away from some of the pumpkin patch.

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Wishful thinking it’s been a zoo the last couple years and now with 1x scope I’m betting it gets worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work at one of the wildlife areas. Yes there are more muzzle hunters than there used to be but modern is still worse, by far. An hour before shooting light the green dot roads look like a freeway with all the headlights.
I'm changing areas this year. Don't know if it will make a difference or not but what I've been doing the last few years hasn't worked so it's worth a try.

I pulled a colockum quality archery tag this year! I’ll be run and gunning, happy to call or happy to stalk if I need to. I’m going to be looking for a big mature bull that gets me excited. I’ve taken a number of elk in western Wa over the years with my bow both bulls and cows, first east side tag for me. I moved to Idaho 3 years ago so I’ve been hunting over over here and in Wyoming last year. Good luck all

Archer86

WKR
Headed back for the otc west side archery hunt this year I enjoy hunting Roosevelt elk there is nothing like it most over looked elk hunt ever. this will be my first time back since moving to wyoming can't wait.

Headed back for the otc west side archery hunt this year I enjoy hunting Roosevelt elk there is nothing like it most over looked elk hunt ever. this will be my first time back since moving to wyoming can't wait.
Easy with that talk… you’re going to turn the attention of the hoards of non residents to start migrating that way 😂