VaneTec swift vane????

Jbouler

FNG
Does anyone shoot the VaneTec 2.25 or 2.88 swifts? Are they loud?? Do they work well?? I'm looking into getting some but I'm not sure if the 2.25 will stabilize a fixed blade well. I shoot ramcats so they already fly well with small vanes. I'm currently shooting the VaneTec Super Spines and the ramcats do well with them but need more fletchings and was thinking about the swifts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Joe

DEW0341

WKR
I shoot the swifts 2.88, awesome vane. I'm shooting 472 grain arrow at 294 FPS and the swifts had a little trouble with slick trick magnums but steer gravedigger chisel tips really well out to 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got some in the mail today. I'm gona try them out on some kinetic pierce platinums. Hoping they cut down noise and wind drift, I'll be shooting with mechanicals though.

brocksw

WKR
Swifts are not loud at all with a 3 fletch. Compared to high profile vanes they are much quieter. Ive been shooting 2.88" swifts most of the summer and i have liked them. However, another vane you may want to look at is the AAE max stealth... in my setup i feel like they spin a little better and correct a little faster if you torque the bow or have a strong cross wind. As a bonus i also like that the AAE flo colors seem to be brighter. Both are great vanes and i would recommend either....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've been shooting some Vanetec swifts 2.25 in a 4 fletch. They shoot really well. Quiet and seem to stabilize ramcats pretty well. I've also been playing with some AAE pro max vanes in a 4 fletch. I like them as well.

been trying them out. they fly great out to 100, beating blazers in the wind with field points. Only problem is I cant get them to stick to bohning wraps. they stick ok to bare shaft but easily come off if glued to a wrap. Shooting them on GT Kinetic Kaos @ 30" with 125s up front plus collar, they are like armor piercing darts. Pass thru's on all my targets except 18in1.

DEW0341

WKR
Any particular reason you don't use the swifts for hunting?

Dammit I brain farted I don't know why I was thinking super spines not swifts! I shoot super spines and then the SK300 for hunting. The swifts I have shot in past and have some still, honestly just shoot the sk300 cause my buddy gave me 50 of em and the memory is way better on the flex fletch products than the vanetecs. Once I dwindle down the sk300's I will fletch up some swifts and see how they do, they have nearly the same profile as the sk300's so I would say they do just as good of job steering BH's. The Sk300 do well will slick trick magnums and gravedigger chisel tips out of my bow 294fps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased some swift 2.25", super spine 3", q2i 2.1" low profile and pro max, all of which I am fletching 3 arrows up with in a 4 fletch configuration, gonna try these all out with moderate sized fixed blade heads such as wacem 4 blade, slick trick standard and exodus full blade. I shoot a 440 grain arrow just under 280 fps. I would love to come up with a lower profile option than a blazer that still offers good control for these fixed heads. I just moved to Oregon and have to shoot fixed blade heads now. I have always shot expandable heads for everything except elk and had good luck with the pro max or the low profile 2" aae max vanes with rages or g5 t3's as well as ramcats on a couple setups. Hopefully one of these setups will work! really like the look of the vanetec vanes and they glue up nicely, seem to be quiet in the testing I have done up to this point

I purchased some swift 2.25", super spine 3", q2i 2.1" low profile and pro max, all of which I am fletching 3 arrows up with in a 4 fletch configuration, gonna try these all out with moderate sized fixed blade heads such as wacem 4 blade, slick trick standard and exodus full blade. I shoot a 440 grain arrow just under 280 fps. I would love to come up with a lower profile option than a blazer that still offers good control for these fixed heads. I just moved to Oregon and have to shoot fixed blade heads now. I have always shot expandable heads for everything except elk and had good luck with the pro max or the low profile 2" aae max vanes with rages or g5 t3's as well as ramcats on a couple setups. Hopefully one of these setups will work! really like the look of the vanetec vanes and they glue up nicely, seem to be quiet in the testing I have done up to this point

What did you find in your testing?

i'm shooting 2.88 swifts now and have zero complaints so far but i haven't broadhead tested them yet. they're very quiet. i've found vanetecs to adhere better than any brand with no prep work. doesn't hurt that they're probably one of the cheapest vanes out there.

Brendan

WKR
I used the 2.25, 4 Fletch, fletched offset. Was not quite enough stabilization for my fixed blades. Sometimes they'd be fine, but consistency wasn't there as compared to my 3 fletch, 3" vanes fletched helical. If using them - I'd do a steeper helical.

BEST,.. VaneTec's !

I'm shooting the 3.15 out of my new Bowtech with zero complaints.

I too, tried the 3.15 inch Swifts and they worked, fine but, are pretty heavy ( for my set up, 3 Fletch, Helical ),.. BUT, I found the 3 inch, V Maxes worked, even better for, G5 Strikers, and VPA 100's Vented with, MY setup ( 457 grain arrow, 14.7 % FOC, Gold Tip XT's 340 spine at, 255 FPS ). Shot GREAT for me to 70 Yards ! For a 65-70 pound Bow, the Larger 3.15 Swifts are probably, real good, tho !
Both V Max and Swifts are,.. pretty QUIET ! My son, uses, 4 V Maxes, on his 510 Grain Arrows, ( 285 FPS ) DEADLY Accurate, to 80 Yards !). I think 3 of the 3.15" Swifts with, Helical would be fine for the heavier poundage Bows !

I used the 2.25, 4 Fletch, fletched offset. Was not quite enough stabilization for my fixed blades. Sometimes they'd be fine, but consistency wasn't there as compared to my 3 fletch, 3" vanes fletched helical. If using them - I'd do a steeper helical.

Brendan, Which 3 inch Vane do you use ? V Max ?? or ? And,..what B-H ? I'm a experimenter and,.. Curious !!
Thanks, Doug

i'll post a follow up here. i shot the swifts and vmax all summer with as much helical as i could get on a bitz. everything was going good until i screwed on broadheads in august and just couldn't pull it together. i was making every adjustment i could think of and chasing my tail. grabbed my old arizona ez fletch and put 3 fusions on a couple arrows and voila, broadheads and field points together. i know my form isn't perfect and it's likely me but it is what it is. as much as i like experimenting with different stuff i think that a these high profile, 2 inch vanes with as much helical as you can get is where it's at for big fixed blade broadheads.