Valentine’s Day coming quick!

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmmm...I was expecting something of a "I'm getting married in November" thread, but I'm surprised by some of the responses. Although there's plenty of time and potential pages to get us there. 🙂

I'm glad to read my spouse and I aren't the only ones that don't make a big deal out of it with expensive flowers, expensive chocolates, expensive dinners, expensive gifts etc. You'd have to get in line behind my wife when it comes to "wasting money on flowers and candy." Same for eating out for that matter. She's a damn good cook.

We've always spent it at home having a quiet supper and enjoying time together. Once we had kids, we included them. My wife always made a heart-shapped meatloaf, pink mashed potatoes, sometimes beats, and cherry 7-Up. Kids always got a kick out of it. We still do it with the kids and now grandkids.

We do the same on St. Paddy's day, only green theamed. Green mashed potatoes, green veggie, and Green River pop. Maybe goofy to some but it's family time together. And it sure is better than getting married in November. You know...cause she loves me and OUR relationship is different. 😉

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
I have a wife that would LOVE to get a vacuum or pressure washer for V-day. She'd be even MORE happy to get both. 🤣

IDVortex

WKR
Welp, considering my wife are dealing with a down moment in our marriage, goal is to keep it simple, dinner made by me, a card for her to wake up to, flowers, and just spend the evening after work without the cell phone or distractions.

Typically in years past it hasn't been a big deal, this year it is or at least for me it is.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
One thing I can tell you NOT to do. When you're girlfriend of 2 years is expecting a ring and a proposal, DO NOT give her a shotgun.

And no, I'm not that dumb to also give her ammo.

And to answer another question, yes, I did this. Still have the gun. It's a great, lightweight grouse gun.
I should add to this, we are happily married after 31 years in a couple weeks. She got over the shotgun when I proposed a week later. The shotgun was a decoy. Egg Rolls A'comin'.

Welp, considering my wife are dealing with a down moment in our marriage, goal is to keep it simple, dinner made by me, a card for her to wake up to, flowers, and just spend the evening after work without the cell phone or distractions.

Typically in years past it hasn't been a big deal, this year it is or at least for me it is.

Clearly I have trouble getting away from a device.....

It can mean a lot to them when you put it down and pay attention to them.

There's listening, and then there's actually listening.
Good luck.

IDVortex

WKR
Clearly I have trouble getting away from a device.....

It can mean a lot to them when you put it down and pay attention to them.

There's listening, and then there's actually listening.
Good luck.
I've actually gotten rid of social media, due to the fact of the not listening nor making her a priority, valentines day is over rated in a lot of ways, in other ways not so much, it's a good reminder who needs to be the center of your attention.

We got Ash Wednesday mass on the calendar and that’s about it.

I thinks it’s hard for guys to comprehend a large portion of females also could care less for this day. My wife made it clear early to never waste our money on flowers and no gifts on holidays. She picked flowers from the ditch for her wedding bouquet. We’re both annoyingly frugal and can’t get ourselves to spend money on non-family items for ourselves. So a couple weeks ago a new set of skis randomly arrived at the door for me. About a month ago a pair of puffy pants she was eyeing arrived for her. And stuff like that happens all year. No need to hide that shit in the closet for a month because everyone else does. I do break the no flowers rule about once a month. Me and the boys randomly buy flowers while at the store for her/decorating the table. But that’s more of an exercise for how we want to raise our boys than for my wife.

I also broke the no gifts on holidays rule once. Six years ago we decided to make it official on Valentines Day that our first child was on the way. So I went to Wal Mart and bought a box of chocolates and a pregnancy test.

Reactions: OMF

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Bought my wife a cordless shop vac and told her I was going to be on a snow goose hunt. She laughed and said have fun.

When did Valentine’s Day turn into big gift giving? Dinner, a box of chocolates and a pair of earrings, and you were good. Maybe boom chica wow wow for the guys if you did well on the dinner.