Utah Bison

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Drew a cow tag for the cliffs, little creek/ south. If anyone has any experience in that area and wants to shoot me a pm that'd be great. Does anyone know if you can park on the blm where the south entrance to the reservation used to be and skirt the side there? I'm assuming it drops down into a canyon but if it also cuts some miles off coming in from the north it might be worth it. otherwise looking forward to making the most of it hopefully can turn something up without them being on the res or spending 3 days packing one out.

Beendare

WKR
The bison have taken over that unit- its a layup hunt. Big herds of them.

Yes, you can come in from the Sago canyon side, plenty of guys do and they haul big 6h trailers in there…though at times I’m not sure how, the road is soft clay and sharp turns- no problem dry but after a monsoon?..

You have to walk or ride about 2-3 miles in on the reservation easement, no hunting on either side.

CorbLand

WKR
The bison have taken over that unit- its a layup hunt. Big herds of them.

Yes, you can come in from the Sago canyon side, plenty of guys do and they haul big 6h trailers in there…though at times I’m not sure how, the road is soft clay and sharp turns- no problem dry but after a monsoon?..

You have to walk or ride about 2-3 miles in on the reservation easement, no hunting on either side.
I think that easement is no longer valid.

Beendare

WKR
Ok well I should have stated its been awhile since I have been in there.

Bottom line with that tag will be getting the thing out of there- not easy.

CorbLand

WKR
the easement is no more unless they can work out a deal between now and then based on what I'm reading
That is my understanding as well.

No help on bison. I have been to that area once. Cool country. Just didnt want someone to read this and base their hunt on accessing from Sego.