Upgrading from Vortex to Swaro - Why?

4th_point

WKR
I actually didn’t notice it yet, but definitely need to spend more time behind it. I may just not know what to look for. Only have about 1.5 hours behind it so far.

If you have sunshine, just simulate a worse case scenario with your viewing direction and angle. You just need some direct light to enter the objective. Takes seconds to check.

I just compared the 8x32, 10x32, 8x42, and 10x42 NL. The 10x models were my favorite even though I generally prefer 8x, but they all had noticable flare.

Just a trade off to consider. And how relevant it is for you.

nick2021

FNG
Just upgraded from the vortex viper hd like you’re contemplating…viper 12x50 to the NL 12x42. So far, I think the edge to edge clarity is worth it for me. Going on a moose hunt for 14 days in Alaska and eager to see its performance in low light conditions. The purchase definitely put a dent in the wallet….but luckily, was able to find a vet discount on top of the Swarovski sale price. Every little bit helps…Will follow up end of sept after the hunt

Mid grade glass (Nikon?) is ok for most of the day.

Top glass is great for the same time and also really really good for the first and last 15 minutes of the day.

Is that worth the price for you?

nick2021

FNG
Great way to put it….Def worth it for sure….at least for me :). Seeing the moose in your profile photo….most of the activity I saw was first/last 30 minutes of the day last season. These hunts aren’t easy, and if I’m spending 14 days in the bush, this is an easy decision for me despite the hard hit on wallet. A lot goes into planning hunt trips and great optics can go a long way imo
Mid grade glass (Nikon?) is ok for most of the day.

Top glass is great for the same time and also really really good for the first and last 15 minutes of the day.

Is that worth the price for you?