UM TIKKA Scope Rings

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Let’s be clear, the torque specs I said are estimates.

When they ship there will be complete install instructions, with torque specs that are tried and proven.

And for what it’s worth:

Three bolt rings can hold with no slip on a 33 XC with 118 grains of N570 at 15 in lbs.

Too much torque will take your perfect scope diameter rings and force them out of round.

Past a certain point you are deforming the material, not getting any more force on your scope tube. Surface area in contact with the scope tube is the biggest factor for holding a scope in place at any given torque spec.

You can’t compare torque specs when the bolts are different sizes, have varying thread engagement, or are being torqued into different materials.

atmat

WKR
I asked previously: but will this cover the ejection port like the T084s? And can we get a side by side with the T084s?

Tullis94

WKR
@Formidilosus what are your thoughts on the torque info given by @LivetohuntID . I'm not trying to be negative here. I genuinely want to know. I don't have the experience or technical knowledge! Im just looking for you thoughts.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I asked previously: but will this cover the ejection port like the T084s? And can we get a side by side with the T084s?
If you have enough scope tube length you can install them outside of the ejection port. But if you have a short scope like an NX8 2.5-20 it will still cover the ejection port.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus what are your thoughts on the torque info given by @LivetohuntID . I'm not trying to be negative here. I genuinely want to know. I don't have the experience or technical knowledge! Im just looking for you thoughts.

Could be. Like he said, different designs have different torque values to reach the same clamping force. We’ll be able to say better soon.