UM Hinged Scope Rings

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
c56dee7d806e8bb54a49830d4df35971.jpg

The Tikka version that uses the Tikka rail is coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
Not a fan of rings that cinch/pinch down like those. They seem to twist the tube when tightening. That and, if you're putting on a bubble level make the damn thing big enough to see.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Not a fan of rings that cinch/pinch down like those. They seem to twist the tube when tightening. That and, if you're putting on a bubble level make the damn thing big enough to see.
Ray Charles can see this bubble. The level is precisely where it should be for easy viewing.

I haven't seen any "Twisting" yet.

nobody

WKR
I'm betting they will do fine:) You might lose a level, but you can put on another one.
I'm sure they will, more just the "bro" in me, the first thought through my head was "huh, I wonder what it would take to break that..."

Love the location and style on the level too, less obtrusive, and I'm betting the blue is easy to see.

They look/sound sweet. Really like the sounds of the tikka version. Initial thought was do they put any concentrated clamping forces on the scope because of only tightening on one end? I’d think having the hinge point right in the ring circle would prevent it from being near as bad as typical vertical split rings but still wonder.

Very interesting. Similar to the ARC rings (which I like). Also as a Tikka fan, I really like that they are going to actually use the integrated Tikka rail.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
These rings are machine matched while closed with a .020” shim installed. They do not pinch in any way. The level size is to avoid excessive protrusion off the side of your rifle. The level is very visible while looking through the scope.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They look/sound sweet. Really like the sounds of the tikka version. Initial thought was do they put any concentrated clamping forces on the scope because of only tightening on one end? I’d think having the hinge point right in the ring circle would prevent it from being near as bad as typical vertical split rings but still wonder.
Because we machine match the rings while closed there isn’t and clamping force issues. There is a .020” shim installed between the base and cap while they’re machined. D2CFE74A-0991-4297-98B0-2039C7D58E91.jpeg