UM Hinged Scope Rings

KenLee

WKR

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I remember when they announced these someone asked if they would pinch the scope similar to a vertically split ring. They said no. But now it seems they've decided it does pinch the tube? It just seems odd to completely throw out the design all of a sudden.
I'm also upset about abandoning the hinge. There's a lot going on behind the business decision to revise the ring, I'll just say that we will end up with a more consistently properly installed ring once the dust has settled.

What advantage does a hinge ring give in function?

The issue is that ARC rings are two hinges and in function do not act like a hinge at all when interacting with the scope tube. A single hinge is same/same as normal vertical split rings which can, and will create all sorts of problems. Without straight copying ARC, the hinge introduces far more variables than it solves.

You covered it. I figured it would be a problem copying ARC’s design. I can see where the single hinge would be less desirable.

The ARCs for me are much simpler for mounting the scope I rarely if ever get any scope rotation when mounting using them.

Split rings are my least favorite in terms of mounting a scope in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro