Trucks?

cmahoney

WKR
Here is my 19 Tacoma towing a side by side on a small single axle trailer. The automatics need lower gears, it hardly gets out of 4th gear. They are geared for the flatland with an empty bed.
9c76955de61988094a3713aeebc05973.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
I drove Tundras from 2008 to 2022. Very dependable, poor towing, bad mpg. But still a very solid truck for half ton work.

Bought a Ford F250 with 7.3 liter gasser and 3.55 rear axle last year. Crew cab and gets about 15.5 mpg overall. I tow a tractor to KS for some farm work off and on and it of course handles that job easily. Initial impression after 10,000 miles is I love it. Powerful, comfortable for what it is, nice cab features. Its a nice option if you need some towing.

ROKnROAL

FNG
Test drove the Tacoma, was like steering an underpowered bathtub. Test drove a Colorado ZR2 and fell in love. The locking front a rear diffs and the multimatic shocks really sold it for me. Gets me where I need it to hunting

Mine has 141k miles...When should I expect them to go?
I'll chime in too on the 3.5 ecoboost. Mine was always in the shop, so bad that Ford bought it back after the 3 year lemon law period. Truck was embarrassing. Only had 37,000 miles too. Glad you're having good luck with yours.

low2497

FNG
I'll chime in too on the 3.5 ecoboost. Mine was always in the shop, so bad that Ford bought it back after the 3 year lemon law period. Truck was embarrassing. Only had 37,000 miles too. Glad you're having good luck with yours.
I have an '18 3.5 ecoboost. Cam Phasers started rattling on startup at 80k miles. Ford and my aftermarket warranty covered the repair. The dealer replaced the phasers with the new iteration and from all I have seen, they seem to address the faults of the old phasers. Hoping for many more miles without issue

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t overlook an f150 with the 3.5 eco boost. I have one with the hybrid engine. I like it but wouldn’t do it again.

Ecoboost will tow what you’re looking to easily, get good gas mileage not towing, and the motor has been around long enough they have the bugs worked out.
Had a 2013 tundra and liked it but the mileage was terrible.

I've been thinking of selling my 3.5 for the hybrid powerboost version. Why wouldn't you do the hybrid again?

ljaq516

FNG
The gas mileage on Tacoma vs Tundra really isn’t that far off. Especially if you get a newer model. And if you plan to put people in the backseat of a taco it’s pretty tight back there. If you’re riding solo most of the time then it’s not an issue. Great storage options for both. Taco might possibly get you further in narrow, tight, small turn radius spots but if you don’t drive through a lot of that then Tundra might be the way to go. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. I personally have owned both a tundra dc and currently drive a taco dc short bed. The taco does everything I need it to do. I like the size and maneuverability. Enough room for me in hunting trips bc it’s usually just me in the truck. Tundra was way more comfortable on long road trips. I’m 5’7” and sometimes the taco feels small going long distances, especially with a passenger behind you. MPG wise if that’s high on your list might wanna look at other trucks bc for both it’s not great. The biggest thing for me was reliability and longevity which is way I’ve driven the tundra and taco. But I’m biased bc I’ve driven Toyota all my life.

Speaking of camper shells, check out GFC camper shells. I don’t own one, but they looked pretty cool.