Truck tire question for you all

Luked

WKR
Need to get tires on my truck in the next month or so.
35x12.50x20.
Two that I am mainly looking at is a Pit Bull PBX A/T Hardcore and also a Cooper Evolution M/T

Do any of you have any experience with either of these tires?

35x12.50x20.
Two that I am mainly looking at is a Pit Bull PBX A/T Hardcore and also a Cooper Evolution M/T

yes. don't buy Pit Bull tires. so of those two I'd choose the Cooper. But, it was buying a Cooper M/T, it would be the STT Pros.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Just curious.
Why not the Pit Bull tires?

Just curious.
Probably because they bite……

In all seriousness, I’m a fan of Cooper tires. I’ve used them on my truck for several years now with no issue. I like their evolution m/t tires and have good luck with them on my taco. Mud, snow, rain, no issue.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Was mainly looking at the Pit Bulls because of lack of noise over the MT coopers.

Just curious.
I only know them from guys on Jeep trails. not necessarily that specific tire. but, they all seem to be substandard. plus, i remember people having a lot of trouble getting timely deliveries. that may have changed. but, a couple of years ago if you cut a sidewall and needed a replacement, you were nearly SOL.

35x12.50x20.

I have run cooper and nittos. Had extremely good luck with wear and traction. Cooper xlt at3 and ridge grapps. Wear great on a heavy diesel. I know these are not mud tires but the brands have been great to me. I run stock size on mine though.

Ive tried cheaper tires like kumho, etc and they balanced and rode like crap. Kumhos did great in the mud though.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Truck dosent get used off road a lot and is more of a highway and gravel road driver.
Probably put 15k on it a year or so also.

I like to go with models that are easily found at a wide range of dealers.

That way there's less chance of me having to buy an off ball tire at some point

SloppyJ

WKR
I have not had good luck with RGs on a 1500 sized truck. Whether that be a Chevy or a Tundra. I was on track for a little over 30-35k miles. I tried Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs this time and I'm going to be in the same damn boat. Maybe I'm just too hard on them? I've been running 285/65/20s for a few sets now which works out to be around 35x11.5x20s.

fishslap

WKR
I have not had good luck with RGs on a 1500 sized truck. Whether that be a Chevy or a Tundra. I was on track for a little over 30-35k miles. I tried Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs this time and I'm going to be in the same damn boat. Maybe I'm just too hard on them? I've been running 285/65/20s for a few sets now which works out to be around 35x11.5x20s.
I just put that same size falken wildpeak at4s on my dodge. I was going to try the new BFG ko3s but decided to make the switch. I’ve been running ko2s for quite a while before now and was looking for lower road noise.

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
Mud tires all suck on the road, and they tend to be short lived. If you really need a mud tire, nothing else is appropriate. If you don't really need them, a good all terrain is a better choice.

In this particular case, I would break that rule and pick the Coopers. It's a pretty mild MT, and I've never heard anything good about Pitbull tires. If I was in your shoes, I would look at a handful of other AT options as well.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
In looking some more I am liking the Yokohama Geolander AT.
Have ran Yokohama in the past with great results.

Truck dosent get used off road a lot and is more of a highway and gravel road driver.
Probably put 15k on it a year or so also.

I'd not look at a mud tire than. Look at all terrains. Mud tires just throw rocks, make noise, and wear poorly.

I'm a fan of nitto's. The terra grapplers wear and hokd up well for me.

Cooper Stronghold is what I would purchase. A new tire from Cooper that looks to be a fantastic tire. My son just put a set on his 2019 Ram 1500. They have been fantastic so far. You really cannot go wrong with Cooper Tires. The AT3 is a wonderful tire as is the ST MAXX.

Here's the new Stronghold.
1723047406158.png
I currently have the ST MAXX on my Ford F150, but my next set of Coopers is going to be the Stronghold.