Truck Air Bags Offroad and Lifted

tdhanses

WKR
What brand do you have since we are essentially putting them on the same truck? I will have the max tow package as well so my rear springs are probably stiffer than yours from the factory but I'm not sure about that yet. I had a 2500 Dmax but I totaled it hitting a deer in Montana on this years elk hunting trip. My heaviest trailer is a 9K boat so I decided to order a 1500 with max tow for the fuel econ vs going back to another 2500. I am 6 mo out on my truck so I am trying to figure out some things to research now that will help with the towing but not kill it for hunting.
Air Lift 5000’s, with the lift you do need a spacer bracket, forgot what it is but I had to buy it separate.

On a Toyota, they were necessary.
I put them under my 2006 Tacoma when Toyota refused to admit their rear leafs were defective. They became my primary springs and finally got me off the frame rails (unloaded).
I didn't futz with a compressor. Easy to inflate with a bike pump or outboard compressor.
They did their job.
After I got aftermarket springs, they were no longer necessary.
If you have rear sag, I would get them...Otherwise I would get Timbrens for overload bump stops.