Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

BjornF16

WKR
Elevation turrets do not lock, however I did not have any issues with them slipping during my hunt.

I would take the Trijicon over Zeiss any day of the week.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Does the elevation knob lock at all? If not, are the detents for the adjustment just stiff enough to keep it from moving? How well does it stay zero when hiking, etc. Would you say this scope is worthy to be put on a high end rifle instead of say a Zeiss?

Thanks

The elevation does not lock. I haven’t had inadvertent adjustment yet.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I have a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 on my hunting AR (300 HAM'R) and really like it. How smooth is the magnification adjustment on the HX? If there is one thing I hate, it is a hard to turn scope.

nobody

WKR
Does the elevation knob lock at all? If not, are the detents for the adjustment just stiff enough to keep it from moving? How well does it stay zero when hiking, etc. Would you say this scope is worthy to be put on a high end rifle instead of say a Zeiss?

Thanks
Definitely better than a Zeiss, check out post 3 in the thread below

rbrent

FNG

Thanks
I haven't had the turret turn inadvertently. Including with the gun going in and out of a scabbard when hunting with horses.

I can't compare it to the high end Zeiss, but I am impressed with the Trijicon.

kipper09

WKR
I have a question, what exactly model is everybody using on this tenmile? There’s several models and some pretty big price differences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooggvc

WKR
@Formidilosus I am wondering how many more rounds you want to put behind this scope before you consider it “good to go”? Have you reached the point you would recommend it as a go to scope?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus I am wondering how many more rounds you want to put behind this scope before you consider it “good to go”?

3,000 rounds total with closely tracking rounds and results.

Have you reached the point you would recommend it as a go to scope?

No. A single sample is not data. I have only seen this one used heavily and one other used enough, and I won’t make a broad base decision until seeing 10 or so shot for 3k-5k rounds apiece. My experience with urge Trijicon and from what I have seen so far is that they will probably end up being good, functional, if not totally bomb proof scopes that will serve most well. However- we’re a long ways from that point.

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in. Hunted all fall with this scope for bears and then elk. Took quite a bit of abuse on a backpack bear hunt. Gun tipped over a couple times while it was set down. Smacked around on my pack etc. I fell pretty good on it in the middle of a scree field and gave it a nice scratch and thought oh boy this is the test right here. Took it to the range and shot 500 yards, and it was dead on. Dialed immediately after to 800 and it dialed true and shot perfectly. Took it on my elk hunt, fell multiple times on it, once really quite hard again and that made me nervous (came from a leupold) but after my last experience I still had confidence in it. Dropped my bull 2 hours later at 450 yards. Dialed perfectly and placed all three shots right behind his shoulder. Mine works, at least for what I need of it. Just one more sample to add to the data. 8E733555-412F-4E46-9DCC-8B502011CBE5.jpeg

jonandy

FNG
Ok, so I’m a new member and the biggest reason I joined the forum was I love reading about what works and what doesn’t, especially optics! I have had a few Nikon Monarchs, and some good weavers, a couple years ago I bought a LRTS based on many reviews from this forum, thanks to Doug for a killer deal on it!! So basically I have been slowly updating optics for my rifles, moving to newer scopes that are able to dial reliably and hold zero. I really appreciate the Eval on the Tenmile, I have seen some good deals on them too. FORM is there any chance you’ll do an eval on the new Arken EPL4? I have been checking it out online and man it looks like they have been listening to people discuss what they want in a scope on the slide. I would love to see it go through your eval. Thanks again for all your EVAL’s super informative!!