Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
How is the reticle on 3x for hunting? I'm concerned that it will be too small for quick target acquisition. Looking at the 3-18x44 in MOA

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I mean if you are shooting something with 3x power that sucker is gonna be close and you don't need to see the tiny little dot in the center of the reticle so you can decide which hair on the animal to shoot😂. I have the tenmile and for the 3x reticle which is essentially just a zoomed out cross hair at that point it will give me enough info to shoot an animal that close. But different strokes for different folks.

I mean if you are shooting something with 3x power that sucker is gonna be close and you don't need to see the tiny little dot in the center of the reticle so you can decide which hair on the animal to shoot. I have the tenmile and for the 3x reticle which is essentially just a zoomed out cross hair at that point it will give me enough info to shoot an animal that close. But different strokes for different folks.
I know I am over thinking it. It's one of my curses. I do wish however that only the main vertical and horizontal lines were illuminated instead of the whole tree.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Retumbo

FNG
Not trying to go OT, but was doing some additional research on the Tenmile when I stumbled upon this: https://www.trijicon.com/frequently...-biblical-references-on-its-consumer-products

Back when the story "broke" in 2010, I was under the impression they had stopped doing this but I guess it was just for the optics provided to the military.

I was reading one of Form's posts in another field eval thread lamenting that individuals chose optics by their "personality" or something along those lines, and at the time I didn't think much of it, however I now wonder whether this has been a contributing factor in some people's decision to buy a Trijicon scope.

Very appreciative of Form's work to cut out a lot of the fluff and call it like it is.

Dobermann

WKR
Not trying to go OT, but was doing some additional research on the Tenmile when I stumbled upon this: https://www.trijicon.com/frequently...-biblical-references-on-its-consumer-products

Back when the story "broke" in 2010, I was under the impression they had stopped doing this but I guess it was just for the optics provided to the military.

I was reading one of Form's posts in another field eval thread lamenting that individuals chose optics by their "personality" or something along those lines, and at the time I didn't think much of it, however I now wonder whether this has been a contributing factor in some people's decision to buy a Trijicon scope.

Very appreciative of Form's work to cut out a lot of the fluff and call it like it is.
Thanks for letting us know, Retumbo.

That's enough to have me lose interest in Trijicon scopes immediately. Only have one in the stable, checked it, and yep ... reference is on the bottom.

I get it that all suppliers have their own beliefs, interests, and so on - T.Rex Arms are a great example. I don't share their views, but love their products. Can switch off their content that isn't relevant to me, but still enjoy what they make.

Putting a religious reference on a product without telling customers, however, is not my cup of tea. (And if this offends anyone, perhaps pause and ask 'What if it was a reference to the Koran? Or Scientology? Or the Church of the Subgenius? Or whatever it is that you're not into ...)

This one Trijicon I have is leaving.

ID_Matt

WKR

That's enough to have me lose interest in Trijicon scopes immediately. Only have one in the stable, checked it, and yep ... reference is on the bottom.

I get it that all suppliers have their own beliefs, interests, and so on - T.Rex Arms are a great example. I don't share their views, but love their products. Can switch off their content that isn't relevant to me, but still enjoy what they make.

Putting a religious reference on a product without telling customers, however, is not my cup of tea. (And if this offends anyone, perhaps pause and ask 'What if it was a reference to the Koran? Or Scientology? Or the Church of the Subgenius? Or whatever it is that you're not into ...)

If the one you have is a 3-18 FFP Mil, I will take it ;)

...That's enough to have me lose interest in Trijicon

Putting a religious reference on a product without telling customers, however, is not my cup of tea....

...This one Trijicon I have is leaving.
Editing your quote to show specifically what I'm responding to:

They do tell the consumer, there is an entire page devoted to it on their website. Plus it's literally inscribed on the product. Implying that they are secretive about the engraving just because you didn't know it existed is a logical fallacy. If these things matter to you in any way, the onus is on you to figure out what the company is and stands for.

I'm also willing to take this offensive artifact off your hands on principal if it's the 3-18 ffp mil or a lpvo mil version. I was just telling my wife yesterday how cool it is that trijicon does this.

ElPollo

WKR

I get what you’re saying. In this day and age, it’s entirely too easy to find stuff to get your shorts in a bunch about. But if you’re not selective about it, you just might end up walking funny forever.

ID_Matt

WKR
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I listened to a podcast today that interviewed Trijicon. Precision Rifle media Episode 206 I believe. They actually did specifically say they drop tested the scopes and checked that they maintained zero at around the half way point in the podcast. Not sure how in depth the test was, but I guess that is better than some other manufactures could claim?

BjornF16

WKR
Can you post a pic of your setup??
Just back from hunting…after airlines, 15 miles horseback trip plus daily 3-4 hour horseback trips for a week, plus a “semi-controlled” slide down rock fall and a couple of falls on steep terrain, it held zero well enough for harvesting a bear. I think I’m going to try a gun bearer setup next time.

Blaser QD mount on receiver machined grooves.

image.jpg

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Just back from hunting…after airlines, 15 miles horseback trip plus daily 3-4 hour horseback trips for a week, plus a “semi-controlled” slide down rock fall and a couple of falls on steep terrain, it held zero well enough for harvesting a bear. I think I’m going to try a gun bearer setup next time.

View attachment 455041

That’s a good setup.

ETtikka

WKR

View attachment 455041

Nice!

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Does the elevation knob lock at all? If not, are the detents for the adjustment just stiff enough to keep it from moving? How well does it stay zero when hiking, etc. Would you say this scope is worthy to be put on a high end rifle instead of say a Zeiss?

Thanks