Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

Marshfly

WKR
Well. Thanks to this and the original test it looks like one of these is on the way to my door from EuroOptic. Most likely going on a Weatherby Backcountry in 338 RPM. Can't wait. Thanks a ton for all of the honest feedback

Macintosh

WKR
@Formidilosus Sorry if you already addressed this, what rail did you have this scope mounted on? I see it has a bit over 17 mils of total travel, which is less than some other scopes in this category. Wondering how much rail you put under it? Also wondering if you think there’s a point (other than simply being possible to zero) at which you have too much rail under this or a similar scope and what criteria you use to decide that?

Last edited:
OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus Sorry if you already addressed this, what rail did you have this scope mounted on? I see it has a bit over 17 mils of total travel, which is less than some other scopes in this category. Wondering how much rail you put under it? Also wondering if you think there’s a point (other than simply being possible to zero) at which you have too much rail under this or a similar scope and what criteria you use to decide that?

I’ve used it with both 0moa and 20moa inclination. 20moa is better due to its limited travel- as I believe I have 9’ish mils left on this flat rail. A 25moa rail would probably be about right.

Macintosh

WKR
I’ve used it with both 0moa and 20moa inclination. 20moa is better due to its limited travel- as I believe I have 9’ish mils left on this flat rail. A 25moa rail would probably be about right.
According to spec it would have a bit under 9 mils using a flat rail. With a 25 moa rail (about 7.5mils)—your zero would only be a bit over 1 mil off the extreme bottom end of the erector travel. In your experience is that likely to be problematic?

edit: Spoke with Dan in tech at Trijicon, he said their scopes advertised adjustment range is intentionally conservative, and also that it would still be fine to zero right up to the point of resistance in the dial without causing a problem in the scope, i.e. they do not think there is a need to avoid using part of the erector travel for any of the above reasons.

Last edited:

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to decide between which Trijicon, anyone know if the 3-9 accupoint has a way to indicate “zero” when adjusting? I know it’s capped but some scopes have a ring to zero it even if it’s not a zero stop. Trying to decide between the Credo or the 3-9. 13oz is attractive for hunting northern idaho and dabbling in longer ranges with the 223tikka.