Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42

Bbell12

WKR
@ChrisAU I saw on Form's Meopta thread that you purchased an Optika6. How do you like the Credo vs. that scope? Been thinking about purchasing one after it did well on his review.

prm

WKR
What are your impressions of the 42?
I really like it. The mil scale reticle on an SFP doesn’t seem like a good fit to me, and I’d prefer a reticle that would not need illumination in low light. About my only nit picks I have with it.

BCD

WKR
I really like it. The mil scale reticle on an SFP doesn’t seem like a good fit to me, and I’d prefer a reticle that would not need illumination in low light. About my only nit picks I have with it.
So the reticle isn't terribly visible without illumination in low light? Thanks for the info!

bhylton

WKR
So the reticle isn't terribly visible without illumination in low light? Thanks for the info!
the 3x9 is the only one i can recall, but if i remember correct the main vertical and horizontal crosshair on the tree type reticle had lines .125 MOA thick... so 1/8th inch @100 yds... that seems pretty thin to me

You are exactly right about the eye relief on the other models (huron and ascent). I was looking hard at a 2-10, but 3-9 probably makes more sense for me, let us know what you think when you check it out.

This is the one I got. https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...ecision-Hunter-1-in-Matte-Black-Riflesco.aspx

Their free shipping was second day air! The ordering and delivery went great. If Camera Land Doug would carry Trijicon, I'd order from him, but these folks are solid.

Right out of the box reviews are close to worthless, but here are my initial impressions from my out the front door side by side test with a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 and a Burris Veracity 2-10x42.

The scope feels solid. It's not as light as my other 3-9x40 scopesThe power ring has just the right amount of adjustment tension. The windage and elevation adjustments feel pretty good. The "friction" is very light, so it's easy to be going for a click and end up with two. It's not a dialing scope, so no big deal. The zoom power ring is appropriately stiff.

I like the reticle. It's relatively fine. I don't anticipate it being too fine. The illumination is perfect. It can be adjusted down to where it's barely visible in a completely dark room. My other two illuminated rifle scopes have red dot crosshairs. It's my eyes, but i get "droop" "bleed" or oblongation of the dot. The true illuminated crosshair on this has no such distortion.

"Glass." I should start by saying that my vision is still very good at 59 YOA. Sometimes people complain about glass, and I think it's fine. The side by side comparison with each scope on 3 and then 9 power showed the Trijicon to be sharper. With each at 9 power, I could pick out subtle details on a palm tree 100 yards away. They were all pretty equal there. The VX has the best eye box (is easier to get behind) at 3 and 9 power and the Trijicon was ever so slightly worse. Both are very good. The Burris lags a little on 3 power and lags appreciably at 9 power. I'd call it somewhat fussy. Eye relief is good on all. It will be interesting to go to the range for an extended session. I can get some eye fatigue with lesser glass. With good glass, I can shoot all day.

My initial impression is very good. Form's previous experience with Trijicon is confidence inspiring.

Last edited:
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Finally got around to checking the zero yesterday after the sling incident a couple weeks ago, hitting the hog in the face gave me enough to confidence that it was on to continue hunting with it and it was still perfectly zeroed at 100. Then this evening took this guy with it. Didn’t use the illumination but shot him about 20 minutes before the end of legal light around 85 yards with no issue.

CDFB825C-C7D9-4D73-BF79-72D1A522277F.jpeg

BCD

WKR
Finally got around to checking the zero yesterday after the sling incident a couple weeks ago, hitting the hog in the face gave me enough to confidence that it was on to continue hunting with it and it was still perfectly zeroed at 100. Then this evening took this guy with it. Didn’t use the illumination but shot him about 20 minutes before the end of legal light around 85 yards with no issue.

View attachment 364987
Great Buck!!! Did you shoot him in the open or in the timber?

Shraggs

WKR
Chris when you shot your goat were you on less power than 15 power per your preference and if so did you quickly convert the wind hold according to the scale? How seem less was that?

Shraggs

WKR
I talked to trijicon today - as im thinking of this scope too. Chris input has been invaluable here, and considering the eybox comments and lower light gathering at 15 power, in real world i see this more a 10x use for dialing - but the wind holds are bugging me as not as intuitive, hence my question above. i like easy math at crunch time.

at 7.5 power, each hash is one full mil increment instead of .5 increments. still a very serviceable power to me at long distance with easier visual hold math.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Chris when you shot your goat were you on less power than 15 power per your preference and if so did you quickly convert the wind hold according to the scale? How seem less was that?

I must admit my windage adjustment hasn't advanced much at all beyond kentucky windage. It simply isn't a factor in 99% of my hunting, which is shorter shots on Whitetail in the southeast. My quick cheat method doesn't use the reticle for wind, it uses known values in inches. My scope cap sticker has elevation values in MIL's and then 10mph wind values in inches for each distance in 50 yard increments from 200 yards to 650 yards. I then estimate that on target. Keep in mind I'm not shooting past 500 or so on game and 20mph + winds will make me get much closer than that before taking a shot. On that Antelope I didn't feel any where I was laying at but it was apparent after the first shot there was some, he was quartering to me a little and in my head I said "adjust for a whole value" (10 mph) which was right at an 8" hold.

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
How’s the durability on the credo? I’m trying to decide between the credo HX and zeiss v4 for my new scope. Main concern of mine is zero retention and optic durability.

Lucas B

FNG
I had an opportunity to talk with some Trijicon reps at an expo event a while back. Evidently, all of the glass in their new consumer line of scopes is the same. I would assume that that includes the Accupoint line.

A buddy of mine bought the razor lht right about the same time that I got the credo. In a side by side comparison the trijicon feels much more substantial, turrets are obviously more robust and the illumination controls on the trijicon are much more effective. I dont think that there is enough difference in the glass performance to discuss

tony

WKR
Does the credo have side focus/parallax adjustment? I can't tell from the website

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
In the past week I did these things in this order without checking zero:

1 - Had a hard stop in my truck where the rifle with Credo in a soft case slid off the back seat and slammed into the back of the front seats/console and then fell to the floor.

2 - Dragged around my jet sled with pack and un-cased rifle in a swamp - over logs and holes, lots of water crossings. Rough ride in the sled.

3 - Dialed 0.6 MILS for a 270 yard shot on a smaller than I thought whitetail doe and hit her perfectly.

Absolutely pleased with the durability of it, although I am considering replacing the 2.5-15x42 with either a Credo 2.5-10x56 or a NF NXS 2.5-10x42. I just don’t use the higher magnification and would like some of the optical advantages of a 4x erector vs 6x.