Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Is the reticle similar to a Leupold PR1?
The Pr1 is better to me - it has the thicker edges that step down as you zoom in on a FFP scope. The credo SFP reticle is similar to the inner part across the entire field of view. The photo earlier in this thread really shows this well.

leclairk

FNG
The Pr1 is better to me - it has the thicker edges that step down as you zoom in on a FFP scope. The credo SFP reticle is similar to the inner part across the entire field of view. The photo earlier in this thread really shows this well.
Are you referencing post #85? I can see the reticle for shit in that picture. I’m worried the reticle will be too fine for me. I don’t have terrible vision but like I said, the NF MOAR fine was too skinny.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Are you referencing post #85? I can see the reticle for shit in that picture. I’m worried the reticle will be too fine for me. I don’t have terrible vision but like I said, the NF MOAR fine was too skinny.
Yes.

I don’t disagree, it’s not the best.

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone, I am close to ordering one of these scopes. I can’t find any local so I can’t really look at them first. Wondering how the long term testing is going? Any issues? I can’t decide between this scope vs ZEISS v4 4x16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
You would be further ahead with the Trijicon Credo over the Zeiss V4.

Coming from someone who owns both a Zeiss V6 and Trijicon Credo HX.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
I played with a Credo HX at local store the other day. The crosshairs are crazy thin and the side focus is stiff as $#!+. Turret clicks were nice

Elite

WKR
I played with a Credo HX at local store the other day. The crosshairs are crazy thin and the side focus is stiff as $#!+. Turret clicks were nice

I have read some posts regarding the cross hairs being to fine. I do hunt thick timber a lot and open country so I am worried about the cross hair being to thin for timber and close shots in the timber don’t allow time to turn on the illumination

BjornF16

WKR
I have read some posts regarding the cross hairs being to fine. I do hunt thick timber a lot and open country so I am worried about the cross hair being to thin for timber and close shots in the timber don’t allow time to turn on the illumination

Why not just turn on the illumination to a setting that works in timber and leave it on?

I discovered yesterday I left my Credo illumination on from hunt on 22 December, it was still illuminated.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’m still torn on this model vs the tenmile. Was waiting (and hoping) for some compelling shot show mid power range optic releases but that’s been a busy. I don’t love either reticle. Close enough in weight for it not to matter.

Elite

WKR
Why not just turn on the illumination to a setting that works in timber and leave it on?

I discovered yesterday I left my Credo illumination on from hunt on 22 December, it was still illuminated.

I was reading on there website it only lasts 68 hours?

Elite

WKR
Wondering if anyone else has some long term experience with this scope for hunting? I have had bad luck with the leupold VX line and have read some issues with vortex razor so not many options left..

schmalzy

WKR
Wondering if anyone else has some long term experience with this scope for hunting? I have had bad luck with the leupold VX line and have read some issues with vortex razor so not many options left..

Not quite long term but I’ve had one for a year and just purchased another. I have not done any quantitative testing on it but have about 400 rounds on it and 2 big game animals.

For my purposes and budget I’m very happy with it. I intend to buy a 3rd to put on a 223. I wish it was 2.5-10x42 instead of 2.5-15 but I can live with it.

This is what I did this year. I bought a 10 pack of batteries on Amazon for like $5, and just left the illumination on anytime i thought I might need it

Elite

WKR
Not quite long term but I’ve had one for a year and just purchased another. I have not done any quantitative testing on it but have about 400 rounds on it and 2 big game animals.

For my purposes and budget I’m very happy with it. I intend to buy a 3rd to put on a 223. I wish it was 2.5-10x42 instead of 2.5-15 but I can live with it.

How do you find the reticle for hunting purposes? Also how do you find the clarity and eye box on 15x?

Elite

WKR
This is what I did this year. I bought a 10 pack of batteries on Amazon for like $5, and just left the illumination on anytime i thought I might need it
Any idea on the amount of run time you get from 1 battery

schmalzy

WKR
How do you find the reticle for hunting purposes? Also how do you find the clarity and eye box on 15x?

For me, I really like the reticle and really like the center dot. I’ve killed a Ram at 300 yards (LOS, can’t remember if it was 10x or 15x to be honest) and a whitetail buck at about 40 on 2.5x in thick brush. Shot steel out to 400 a decent amount as well.

Worst case you should be able to flip it quick for a 100-125 off what you pay for it if you don’t like it. Hell I’d probably buy it from you if you did. Eurooptic best best imho.

Eyebox at 15 is reasonable given that it’s a 42mm scope. No complaints on the glass on my end. Use Victory SF for binos and ATS for a spotter.

Any idea on the amount of run time you get from 1 battery
I honestly don’t. I just put a fresh battery in it and turned the illumination to 5. (To me the lower settings basically just turn the reticle red rather than actually illuminating it). I’ll check it periodically over the weekend and see when it dies

Elite

WKR
For me, I really like the reticle and really like the center dot. I’ve killed a Ram at 300 yards (LOS, can’t remember if it was 10x or 15x to be honest) and a whitetail buck at about 40 on 2.5x in thick brush. Shot steel out to 400 a decent amount as well.

Worst case you should be able to flip it quick for a 100-125 off what you pay for it if you don’t like it. Hell I’d probably buy it from you if you did. Eurooptic best best imho.

Eyebox at 15 is reasonable given that it’s a 42mm scope. No complaints on the glass on my end. Use Victory SF for binos and ATS for a spotter.

Thanks for the input. I am in Canada and cant find stock anywhere on the scope here. It amazes me how little the Credo get talked about and how little amount of reviews are available online. Kind of makes a guy wonder why.
I honestly don’t. I just put a fresh battery in it and turned the illumination to 5. (To me the lower settings basically just turn the reticle red rather than actually illuminating it). I’ll check it periodically over the weekend and see when it dies
How often do you put a fresh battery in?