Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42

ChrisAU

WKR
These had piqued my interest for some time now and I finally just went ahead and grabbed one. I wanted a tough MIL/MIL scope that was also on the lighter end. It seemed these fit the bill, but there is little to no information about them out there. This thread will sort of be a running review.

Ordered one Thursday, got it in hand today (Tuesday).

Initial impressions are great, though it will be a couple weeks until I make it to the range.

Mine weighs exactly 23 oz.

It has exposed elevation and capped windage. Both are tool-less reset to zero, and the elevation has a pretty simple and easy to use zero stop. The elevation turret has nice clicks with absolutely no play, and somewhat oddly the windage is actually better, no slop again but slightly more audible. The marks all line up absolutely perfectly.

The illumination is certainly daylight bright in 10, with on/off between each setting, and very little bleed at 10. I can’t see why anyone would ever use 10, but 1 and 2 are excellent in the dark with no bleed whatsoever.

It is well known that the Credo and Tenmile lines are made at LOW in Japan, and the entire scope feels very high quality.

I will test tracking and return to zero as soon as I can get to the range.

The 3-18x44 FFP Tenmile model had my eye first, but the wider FOV of the 2.5x model and couple oz lower weight convinced me to go with this Credo model for my Cooper 92 280AI which doubles as my primary eastern whitetail rifle and my backpack hunting rifle.

Preliminary glass judging is good, I actually have slightly less CA on the Credo than I do my 5-25x56 Mark 5HD, and resolution seems to be on par looking at a radio tower a few hundred yards from my house.

Anyone else have experience with these new Trijicon scopes? For the price I am tickled. If they prove to be as reliable as SWFA offerings I think they can really become popular.

AGPank

WKR
Always enjoy reviews on optics, don’t forget to post pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
I have the credo 1-6 on my varmit rig. I did a comparison with swfa 1-6 and NF nx8 1-8. I agree with initial review.

my 1-6 is not truly daylight bright, but I think slightly different reticle. Nor does this model have zero stop or exposed turret. It’s tracked well during sighting in. I like it.

I plan on considering yours for my long range gun along with NF.

side note, sent an original two + decade old accupoint in for service. Maybe the heavy 12 gauge took its toll on the reticle. Anyway, they are sending me a new current model free. I have 4 of those and it’s the only failure I’ve had.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
One note I forgot to add, even though the credo is SFP, it has a line of notes at the very bottom of the reticle that shows what the subtensions are at 2.5x, 5x, and 10x.

Will post some pics tonight.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I really like the looks of the Credi line, so I'm following this. Like you said, not much information out there on them.

Shraggs

WKR
before I bought mine, I PMed Form to see if any dailing trijicons were under his observation and if he had enough time to have an opinion.

he was not afraid to recommend these newer lines. They tracked well and returned to zero. In no way did I feel he elevated them to NF reliability nor did he share any abuse data.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
before I bought mine, I PMed Form to see if any dailing trijicons were under his observation and if he had enough time to have an opinion.

he was not afraid to recommend these newer lines. They tracked well and returned to zero. In no way did I feel he elevated them to NF reliability nor did he share any abuse data.

I wish there were more data on them. The turrets certainly “feel” akin to LRTS/LRHS, and the size reminds me of my SWFA 3-9x42.

Another note on the turrets, 8 MIL per rev may concern some but it certainly is better than the 5 of the SWFA’s. While not the 10 a LRTS/LRHS gives you, the turret does rise as you dial elevation and has marks for such.

Schaaf

WKR
I owned the 4-24 Tenmile. I thought it was a dang nice scope for what I paid and I really should have played around with it a few more months before moving on.

8nbait

Lil-Rokslider
Love them, I have two in MOA.
They did require .1” higher rings to clear the large eyepiece.
Best scope in that price and weight range I’ve found.
May get a Huron or two for my non dialing rifles.

Just measured mine, it’s pretty generous at approximately 5 7/8”. Here it is in Talley Lows on my Cooper 280AI.

View attachment 290839can you compare it to any other scopes in the price range... I've had the vx5hd, looked through the night force shv and nxs anf zeiss v4..... looks like a very nice package for the price

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
It feels better constructed than the VX-5HD's, better clicks, and I've had a VX-6HD shit the bed during a hunt so I stay away from VX series until the internet can convince me otherwise.

NXS is a class above, but I feel the feature set on the Credo is better than the SHV, and the weights and mag ranges are better on the Credo.

If Zeiss V4 came in MILs I'd probably own one, and it'd probably be doing the job that this scope is filling. I like them a lot, just a MILs guy.

It feels better constructed than the VX-5HD's, better clicks, and I've had a VX-6HD shit the bed during a hunt so I stay away from VX series until the internet can convince me otherwise.

NXS is a class above, but I feel the feature set on the Credo is better than the SHV, and the weights and mag ranges are better on the Credo.

If Zeiss V4 came in MILs I'd probably own one, and it'd probably be doing the job that this scope is filling. I like them a lot, just a MILs guy.
Hopefully it proves to be a durable scope .... I’m looking at the same model you have and the nxs compact for my proof elevation rifle ..... pretty hard to decide

I feel like the credo, credo hx, and ten mile scopes are flying under the radar. I've been using a credo hx red dot 1-6 on a AR for almost a year with lotssss of shooting it sits in a leupold Mk4 mount. It's been rock solid with a good amount of abuse. Daylight bright dot even on clear sunny day, when I change zeros for ammo the clicks are super solid and the glass is great.

I've been wanting to try the 2-10x36 on a 18in AR. Anyone played with one?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I feel like the credo, credo hx, and ten mile scopes are flying under the radar. I've been using a credo hx red dot 1-6 on a AR for almost a year with lotssss of shooting it sits in a leupold Mk4 mount. It's been rock solid with a good amount of abuse. Daylight bright dot even on clear sunny day, when I change zeros for ammo the clicks are super solid and the glass is great.

I've been wanting to try the 2-10x36 on a 18in AR. Anyone played with one?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Yeah I agree I have been struggling to hear about any experience with them

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
I'm wondering what the fundamental differences are between the Credo and Tenmile scopes? Like, I wonder if the Tenmile would have even better feeling clicks specifically. I really like the 5-25x50 design, same reticle as the Credo 2.5-15x42 I have and its really short for a 5-25x50 at 13.5", also around 25 oz. Limited erector travel has me a little leery of it.

CoStick

WKR
Should never be a problem with it SFP and illuminated. I also really like the center dot, big fan of those in general.
Sorry, I thought it was FFP. Has it confused with the 32mm credo.

Last edited: