Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42

Lucas B

FNG
Validating dialing accuracy by shooting at extended range is a flawed test method. The error implicit with each shot is potentially well in excess of the manufacturing tolerances.

If you really want to know dialing accuracy you need the scope/gun in a vice and a calibrated scale to measure it against. This would not be difficult to setup for anyone so motivated and it would be much more cost effective that shooting. Provided of course that you already have a gun vice.

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like the credo, credo hx, and ten mile scopes are flying under the radar. I've been using a credo hx red dot 1-6 on a AR for almost a year with lotssss of shooting it sits in a leupold Mk4 mount. It's been rock solid with a good amount of abuse. Daylight bright dot even on clear sunny day, when I change zeros for ammo the clicks are super solid and the glass is great.

I've been wanting to try the 2-10x36 on a 18in AR. Anyone played with one?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I have the 2-10x36. Like it thus far, but not much field time yet to give you a solid review.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Will these adjust down for rimfire distances?
The way the zero stop works you can leave it all the way down and have no limit, or adjust it with a little trial and error and set it about wherever you wanted it I think. 0.5 MIL low, 1 MIL low, whatever.

prm

WKR
The focus will also adjust down to short ranges. I just tried 15x at <40yds and could make it crisp using parallax.

BCD

WKR
What do you guys think of the reticle for normal use in the daylight? My 2.5-15 arrived a couple days ago and I'm probably going to return as to my eyes the reticle seems a bit faint even in the daylight. Maybe I'm being too picky here. I have an LHT 3-15 SFP as well and that reticle seems much easier for my eyes to pick up.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
What do you guys think of the reticle for normal use in the daylight? My 2.5-15 arrived a couple days ago and I'm probably going to return as to my eyes the reticle seems a bit faint even in the daylight. Maybe I'm being too picky here. I have an LHT 3-15 SFP as well and that reticle seems much easier for my eyes to pick up.

Shot a bunch of critters and looked at a pile more with it in good daylight in the last few months and I never found it lacking, but I could see it being too thin if your eyesight isn't pretty good.

BCD

WKR
I bought one and sold it as I thought the reticle was a bit faint. I'm now considering buying one again. I'll probably wait a year and see if anything new peaks my interest first.

Jasper_AK

FNG
This is the one I got. https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...ecision-Hunter-1-in-Matte-Black-Riflesco.aspx

Their free shipping was second day air! The ordering and delivery went great. If Camera Land Doug would carry Trijicon, I'd order from him, but these folks are solid.

Right out of the box reviews are close to worthless, but here are my initial impressions from my out the front door side by side test with a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 and a Burris Veracity 2-10x42.

The scope feels solid. It's not as light as my other 3-9x40 scopesThe power ring has just the right amount of adjustment tension. The windage and elevation adjustments feel pretty good. The "friction" is very light, so it's easy to be going for a click and end up with two. It's not a dialing scope, so no big deal. The zoom power ring is appropriately stiff.

I like the reticle. It's relatively fine. I don't anticipate it being too fine. The illumination is perfect. It can be adjusted down to where it's barely visible in a completely dark room. My other two illuminated rifle scopes have red dot crosshairs. It's my eyes, but i get "droop" "bleed" or oblongation of the dot. The true illuminated crosshair on this has no such distortion.

"Glass." I should start by saying that my vision is still very good at 59 YOA. Sometimes people complain about glass, and I think it's fine. The side by side comparison with each scope on 3 and then 9 power showed the Trijicon to be sharper. With each at 9 power, I could pick out subtle details on a palm tree 100 yards away. They were all pretty equal there. The VX has the best eye box (is easier to get behind) at 3 and 9 power and the Trijicon was ever so slightly worse. Both are very good. The Burris lags a little on 3 power and lags appreciably at 9 power. I'd call it somewhat fussy. Eye relief is good on all. It will be interesting to go to the range for an extended session. I can get some eye fatigue with lesser glass. With good glass, I can shoot all day.

My initial impression is very good. Form's previous experience with Trijicon is confidence inspiring.
Hey, I’m considering this scope, wondering if you have any further reviews to add?

BjornF16

WKR
Hey, I’m considering this scope, wondering if you have any further reviews to add?
Have you seen these threads?

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a Credo 2.5-15x44 for a couple months, been out for a few range sessions with it. I’m really liking it. No surprises or disappointments on build quality, controls, or optical quality: it’s all good. If I were to nitpick, I would like to see the reticle have some thicker stadia lines leading to center, but as it is now I find it perfectly fine for precise use of a SFP reticle.

I ordered caps directly from Tenebraex for mine.

Illumination is quite good. I bought this for a rifle that I will take on hunts where I will be in and out of timber, with shots from 50-500 yards. I don’t see myself having any issues with reticle visibility, but I will most likely be walking around with the illumination turned on and at 2.5-4x magnification.

BCD

WKR
I have had a Credo 2.5-15x44 for a couple months, been out for a few range sessions with it. I’m really liking it. No surprises or disappointments on build quality, controls, or optical quality: it’s all good. If I were to nitpick, I would like to see the reticle have some thicker stadia lines leading to center, but as it is now I find it perfectly fine for precise use of a SFP reticle.

I ordered caps directly from Tenebraex for mine.

Illumination is quite good. I bought this for a rifle that I will take on hunts where I will be in and out of timber, with shots from 50-500 yards. I don’t see myself having any issues with reticle visibility, but I will most likely be walking around with the illumination turned on and at 2.5-4x magnification.
Do you feel like you need the illumination on even when it's bright outside or only at dusk and dawn?

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Not necessarily, depends on background and your own eyesight. It’s no harder to see than my Leupold SFP HTMR duplex was, as far as the center crosshairs are concerned. Really all it gives up to a standard duplex is the thick outer stadia.

Bbell12

WKR
Was wondering if anyone had any experience with the 2.5-10x56 model; specifically whether they had any trouble focusing without a parallax adjustment. Am thinking about this model but would like some feedback on it before I pull the trigger.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Was wondering if anyone had any experience with the 2.5-10x56 model; specifically whether they had any trouble focusing without a parallax adjustment. Am thinking about this model but would like some feedback on it before I pull the trigger.

Well while I have sold the 2.5-15x42 that was the scope reviewed in this thread, I do have a 2.5-10x56 on a backup Eastern hunting rifle. I think it’s fantastic as well. Just tonight I was playing with it and amazed how nice the turrets were compared to the much more expensive 3-18x44 FFP Tenmile I have. They are the same.

leclairk

FNG
Really like the sound of this scope in the 2.5-15 or 4-16 but the reticle makes me nervous. I had a NF with a MOAR-T that was too fine and I would lose it on a target so I went to a MOAR. Leupold VX3i duplex reticle is good for me. The Leupold windplex is too thick. Anyone have a comparison to those reticles I mentioned?