Trespassing? Worth shooting a snowboarder?

Tmac

WKR
OK, point of order. Assault is the threat of harm/violence, it does not need to include physical touch that I am aware of. The physical contact is battery. Now with that in mind, the landowner is probably guilty of battery, possibly of brandishing a weapon, and likely assault. Will he be charged? No idea, but that video is compelling, even if the snowboarder was guilty of trespass. The landowner clearly escalated the seemingly harmless trespass into a physical confrontation. Even if staged, still a good vignette about trespass, assault and battery imo.

fwafwow

WKR
Those pants may look like pajamas, but those are some sick Vicuña/Merino/Bison wool blend hunting pants that are warm and durable. Top secret - not yet revealed or available to the public.

ben h

WKR
Definitely uncalled for and I bet the land owner regrets this. In Utah the vast majority of the land is public in many areas. As a result, it's up to the land owners to mark their property to make it known that people are trespassing, with signs, fences, etc. If you are found to be on someones land, like what I presume is the case here, the landowner can request that you leave, but there isn't any "trespass" to cite.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a private drive to a few homes, not sure why he thought it was a good idea or public property

11boo

WKR
Of course it’s not worth shooting a boarder. Probably wrecked that guys buzz.

Sounds like he had it posted too.
looks like he chose to ignore a posted private property, charge him with trespass, old get off my snow guy with ?

"They’ve got no trespassing signs, we get that. But what’s not acceptable is standing there with a gun and menacing people," said Knopp.

I don’t get buying a $$$ place like that, where you are bound to have a lot of interactions with snow riders.

OP
D

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
Could those pants win drip of the day on newschoolers?

Some of you are ripping on snowboarders but that dude seemed really polite! Meanwhile the landowner guy was clearly the wannabe gangsta in this scenario, getting in people's faces while wearing those baggy ass pants.

CorbLand

WKR
Actually watched the video. Snowboarder 100% knew he was in the wrong. Why else would you instantly go to “sorry?” He said it before the dude even said anything.

The other guy had a chair out and was most likely sitting in it waiting for someone. Seems weird to me to waste time sitting there waiting for someone to trespass but I have a life so who knows?