Toss it or eat it?

ONDERS.CH

FNG
What do you guys do with the “brown” meat in this picture? This is off an antelope that went into a cooler and ice as as soon as humanly possible. It doesn’t smell bad just looks bad. Do y’all eat it or trim and toss it? It’s not too bad on a hind quarter picture here but I hate trimming it off of the back straps as it takes a lot of meat off them…it pretty much mirrors my knife strokes in the field so is this just oxygen getting to the meat??

Just started processing on my own so please don’t be too hard on me! LOL
Eat

Oxidized, eat or throw in the ground pile. General rule off thumb, if it doesn’t stink, its fine.

OP
S
Thanks for all the reply’s everybody! It smells fine so I won’t worry about it!

What do you guys do with the “brown” meat in this picture? This is off an antelope that went into a cooler and ice as as soon as humanly possible. It doesn’t smell bad just looks bad. Do y’all eat it or trim and toss it? It’s not too bad on a hind quarter picture here but I hate trimming it off of the back straps as it takes a lot of meat off them…it pretty much mirrors my knife strokes in the field so is this just oxygen getting to the meat??

Just started processing on my own so please don’t be too hard on me! LOL
It's just where the blood leached out. I cut it off and put it in the grind pile.

eat.... but maybe have your buddy taste it first... that's what hunting camp is all about!

s1768s

FNG
Eat away. I have started processing parts of my harvests and have not had any issues with that. I agree with the post about smell. That is my main indicator, right or wrong.

Nothing wrong with that meat, that's what happens when it sits in water and washes the color out of it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk