Too redneck or is there a better way?

Ut300

FNG
So I would like to display some euro muley deer heads in the living room. I was wanting to use a tree branch but almost think it's a little redneck now. Tree branch in pic is unfinished but would save me $ for diy. What do you all think? I've seen some mounts on the wall placed on driftwood and I almost think that looks better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240909_102536_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240909_102536_Messages.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 325
  • Screenshot_20240909_103557_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240909_103557_Chrome.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 326

180ls1

WKR
Looks great. However, I am a brodog without a care for design.

Post a pic of it inside the house.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
I think that looks great, I’d definitely put it on the wall like that.

I have been called redneck quite a bit, so I’m not sure if I’m affirming your design on confirming your concerns.

That will look great in your house. Ever flip through the pages of a taxidermy catalogue or online? They all sell a pile of real and artificial branches to use for habitat and euros. It’s even better that yours is free.

OP
U

Ut300

FNG
Nothing against rednecks, lol. I'm pretty sure I am a redneck. Just want it to look good 20 years down the road. Kind of like I wouldn't install green shag carpet.

Mt Al

WKR
I was wanting to use a tree branch but almost think it's a little redneck now.

"If there is any doubt, there is no doubt" - from the movie Ronin.

Then your comment about wanting it to look good 20 years down the road.

Do it how YOU like it and I think you answered your question. Every 'money saving' mounts I've done are almost instantly regretted.

Not sure what else you have in mind, but IMHO, don't do the branch. Good thing is no matter what you do, you can change it.

Wheels

WKR
I would freeze the branch for awhile to eliminate any creepy crawlers living in it, or if you can’t do that put it in a large plastic bag and bug bomb it.

Iggy

FNG
I think it looks great. Another idea you may consider is sealing the wood with a clear water based sealer too, like Thompson’s Water Seal. I’d pick a matte finish so it’s not glossy, but that’s up to you!

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome!
The pic in my avatar is on a piece of black walnut I had, but if I had a piece of wood such as yours that’s what I would have gone with, without hesitation!