Too many podcasts?

GoatPackr

Lil-Rokslider
What are you listening to old cowboy stories on?
I use free version of Spotify.
The cowboy podcast I enjoy are
Way Out West
Old Western Times
Legends of the Old West
Cowboy Stories

Often times when you listen to 1 or 2 it suggests others similar kinda like YouTube.
I enjoy listening to the old timers telling their stories. I can talk to an old guy for days just listening to their stories.
Makes me mis my grandpa and his stories in huntn camp.

Kris

OP
EZduzIT

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
I use free version of Spotify.
The cowboy podcast I enjoy are
Way Out West
Old Western Times
Legends of the Old West
Cowboy Stories

Often times when you listen to 1 or 2 it suggests others similar kinda like YouTube.
I enjoy listening to the old timers telling their stories. I can talk to an old guy for days just listening to their stories.
Makes me mis my grandpa and his stories in huntn camp.

Kris
Those sound great, I’ll give them a listen. Love those old cowboy stories more than anything else! Thanks for sharing.

Mt Al

WKR
My problem with most podcasts is the rambling. Cut to the chase, get on a program, have an agenda. I’m not interested in a BOGSAT (bunch of guys sitting around talking).
With you 100%. Not only BOGSAT, but the ones where the podcaster him/her self rambles on and on, kind of like they assume you have all the time in the world.

If I had a longer commute listening to podcasts would be a higher priority, not the case and can't complain. Hardcore History works for me when on a long drive.

Flyjunky

WKR
Most of my favorite podcasts are not about hunting. For hunting I like Before the Echo, Meat eater and THP. I think my favorite podcast is The Shawn Ryan Show. I also like Jocko, Rogan, Modern Wisdom, Jordan Peterson. For all you haters, Cam Haines has a new podcast and it's actually pretty good. It's not about hunting, just exceptional people.
I’m the same, rarely listen to hunting podcasts. Rogan, Shawn Ryan, Jocko, Art of Manliness, Lex Fridman, and Jack Carr. I really like Rogan because it’s always a different subject and he has some awesome guests, who is going to say no to Rogan?

CMF

WKR
I ordered some running earbuds so I can listen to more books/podcast while I exercise and shoot my bow.
Meateater is about the only one I listen to regularly, I really like Beargrease but usually skip the render.
Of the other dozens I follow I'll skim thru and only pick episodes that look interesting.

Podcast specific to elk, deer, or turkey, etc. I only usually listen to right before or during the season and will cherry-pick episodes. Southern Outdoorsmen is a good one for whitetail.

There are just too many to follow every episode. And like others said so many out there just blah, blah, blah about nothing... they are hour-and-a-half episodes that shoot be cut down to 20-30 minutes.

@JStol5 -I looked up the Hardcore History, but see a few, which one are you guys referring to?
@GoatPackr - Also not seeing the cowboy ones, what app do you use?

ODB

WKR
I always listened to MeatEater then it seems they got away from the norm for a while but they've had some interesting people on lately. Stuff You Should Know podcast is great and reminds me of How it's Made just a podcast version. Clark Howard has a good financial podcast. Robby Denning was born to be behind a mic and always enjoy listening to him. I really enjoyed KifaruCast when Frank was on it. Joseph Von Benedict and Epic outdoors are the only other hunting podcasts I listen too anymore.

The Ian Frazier episode was good. I've read Ian for decades and knew he had an influence on Steve. Ian was kind enough to sign a copy of his book Great Plains for me many years ago - a very nice guy.

I can barely listen when they are talking about hunting though. My interest meter just cliffs...

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider
I listen to a few different genres, but I've been struggling lately to find anything of interest. Meat Eater is the only one I listen to almost every episode. I agree with @Idaho_Potato about Bear Grease. Some of the topics are interesting, but the way he speaks makes it hard to listen. Not sure if it is inflection, cadence, or something else. I did enjoy the turkey poacher episodes.
Yes,the way he talks drives me nuts,I think he is trying to hard and that doesnt make a good podcast.Someone wanted me to listen to an episode and I couldn't do it.

LostArra

WKR
While there are some good episodes, Meateater is usually a decent 40 minute podcast stretched over 2 hours.

A Short History Of has some really good episodes (Cuban Missile Crisis, Mona Lisa, DB Cooper, Mount Everest, Pearl Harbor, Apollo 13)

GoatPackr

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered some running earbuds so I can listen to more books/podcast while I exercise and shoot my bow.
Meateater is about the only one I listen to regularly, I really like Beargrease but usually skip the render.
Of the other dozens I follow I'll skim thru and only pick episodes that look interesting.

Podcast specific to elk, deer, or turkey, etc. I only usually listen to right before or during the season and will cherry-pick episodes. Southern Outdoorsmen is a good one for whitetail.

There are just too many to follow every episode. And like others said so many out there just blah, blah, blah about nothing... they are hour-and-a-half episodes that shoot be cut down to 20-30 minutes.

@JStol5 -I looked up the Hardcore History, but see a few, which one are you guys referring to?
@GoatPackr - Also not seeing the cowboy ones, what app do you use?
I just use free version of Spotify. Type the title into the search bar.

Kris

Reactions: CMF

Cheesy

FNG
I only listen to podcasts when I'm driving or flying. I like to listen to what they're saying and I'm not a multi-tasker, so can focus while driving. Job change a couple years ago took my commute down from 45 minutes to 15 minutes, and I don't like listening in short intervals. About the only time I listen now is when I have an hour or two drive ahead of me.

I guess having a grandma from Arkansas and living in Southern Missouri, the way Clay Newcomb speaks on BearGrease is just what I am used to hearing. Have no issues with his delivery. I enjoy most of his shows and have listened to them all. My kids enjoy them and they love MeatEater Trivia. I think it beats listening to crap modern music by far.

TheTone

WKR
I listen to a lot of podcasts but not many hunting ones, as other have said most are kind of a recurring circle of other influencers trying to plug each others stuff and sponsors. I mainly listen to sports, true crime and pop culture type podcasts

Regardless of the consensus of their products, the Vortex podcast is usually pretty good and there's surprisingly little product pushing. They'll reference their product lines but its not a sales pitch like many other branded podcasts.
Joseph VB used to be good but sold out to his sponsors and its hard to take him seriously anymore with the whole "this is the best new thing ever, until told otherwise by Hornady, Leupold, or Weatherby" narrative.
Meateater has one or two interesting ones a month, I can't stand how much Steve loves to hear his own voice though.
Ron Spomer has a hard time with keeping his numbers and facts straight so he's hard to listen to, his articles are still good though.
The big game hunting podcast is good for more technical info.
Jay Scott is usually pretty good but can get a little redundant with coues and Mexico stuff.

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
I really enjoy Rokcast now that Robby took over!!!
Keep it up man.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

AdamLewis

FNG
I like listening to Rogan but it has to be a guest I think I will like. He cranks them out faster than I can listen, but the ones I do get to are usually very good.

Hunting / outdoor wise I like Meateater. Mostly listen on planes as Rinella's voice puts me to sleep. I did listen to a Huberman Lab episode about hydration while I was camped in the desert, hadn't made it to the next spring, and was worried I'd run out of water. Good motivation.

Nope, i’ve decreased media consumption of all forms to almost zero and don’t miss any of it.

I’m down to occassional baseball games in the evening, music in the truck, and a couple forums on the throne. All other waking hours i’m doing something that doesn’t involve a phone, tv, laptop, etc. It’s been a great move for me and my son and wife.

OP
EZduzIT

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
Nope, i’ve decreased media consumption of all forms to almost zero and don’t miss any of it.

I’m down to occassional baseball games in the evening, music in the truck, and a couple forums on the throne. All other waking hours i’m doing something that doesn’t involve a phone, tv, laptop, etc. It’s been a great move for me and my son and wife.
Good man.

rcb2000

WKR
I have about 60 podcasts on my phone
Listen to about 10.
Joe Von Benedict
EXO guys
There's one out of Canada and I can't think of the name - mountain hunting
Vortex is pretty good
Gun Talk
If your a firefighter - gettin salty is the best
Real Dictators
Kifaru on occasion
Couple music ones.
I cannot not stand "modern music" so I'll drive in silence if I don't listen to podcasts.
I have a ton of CDs I need to convert over to thumb drives one
Hunt Backcountry and Backcountry Hunting and two of my favorites.
Joseph Von Benedikt has forgotten more about firearms than the Meateater crew knows collectively, but you wouldn’t know that from this threads responses.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Southern Outdoorsman is far and away my favorite podcast. Think I’ve learned more useful deer information from that show than anything else I’ve listened to.

The guys are also hilarious and can have me rolling laughing on the less serious episodes.