Too many podcasts?

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious how many others are dealing with the same problem of having far too many podcasts they enjoy? I have about 6 I listen to religiously that put out content multiple times a week and about 8 others that I listen to off and on depending on the subject. Mostly hunting, shooting, fitness/health, religion, and investing podcasts in that order. I sometimes feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with it all because I thoroughly enjoy them!

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’m curious how many others are dealing with the same problem of having far too many podcasts they enjoy? I have about 6 I listen to religiously that put out content multiple times a week and about 8 others that I listen to off and on depending on the subject. Mostly hunting, shooting, fitness/health, religion, and investing podcasts in that order. I sometimes feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with it all because I thoroughly enjoy them!
Nope. My issue is that I find a good podcast, then the host runs out of stuff to talk about, and pretty soon he’s doing interviews with sponsors and “buddies”. I like the tech stuff, I don’t want to hear about somebody’s buddy’s high fence audad hunt in Texas or some manufacturer telling me why their product is the best.

MThuntr

WKR
Nope. My issue is that I find a good podcast, then the host runs out of stuff to talk about, and pretty soon he’s doing interviews with sponsors and “buddies”. I like the tech stuff, I don’t want to hear about somebody’s buddy’s high fence audad hunt in Texas or some manufacturer telling me why their product is the best.
^This for me. I find myself skipping most hunting podcasts. I can't get excited about the "how to draw/apply for tags" podcast season with the overcrowding on public land in a once decent general unit. Honestly the only one I listen to regularly is the MeatEater Trivia.

This podcast rant is brought to you by our friends at HelloFresh, BetterHelp, and SimpliSafe.

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
The only one I listen to every week is Meat Eater.

Meat Eater covers a wide range of topics. I really enjoy the ones that covers wildlife topics and history. Also, they have various authors that come on to promote their new book. Most of which I read after listening to the podcast and enjoyed them all.

All the specific podcasts get old after a while.

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
I found myself in the same boat about a year ago and it started to feel like a chore to get through them all. I was listening to everything at 2x speed. I found that trying to get through them all just added more stress than enjoyment. I cut it down to handful of podcasts that uploaded less frequently and I don't feel like I have missed out on much.

Yoder

WKR
I spend about 15hrs a week in my car so I usually run out of content. I cycle between about 5 podcasts then fill in with audio books when I run out.

IsThisHeaven

Lil-Rokslider
I listen to fewer and fewer podcasts. Hunting podcasts talk about the same things over and over. I used to listen to several regularly. I cant remember the last hunting podcast I listened too. Many of the podcasts that were good years ago are now watered down. And everyone with 100 followers on Twitter now has a podcast so its difficult to wade through all the crap to find a new podcast that is decent.

OP
EZduzIT

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
I listen to fewer and fewer podcasts. Hunting podcasts talk about the same things over and over. I used to listen to several regularly. I cant remember the last hunting podcast I listened too. Many of the podcasts that were good years ago are now watered down. And everyone with 100 followers on Twitter now has a podcast so its difficult to wade through all the crap to find a new podcast that is decent.
This haha! 100 person following = podcast

dwhicker

FNG
Any that you guys have found to be better then others? I recently discovered Mindful Hunter and he is phenomenal. He does ridiculously detailed gear reviews and he is not sponsored by anyone. He actually calls out the industry for that very concept. I also like meat eater and the Bear Grease Podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
EZduzIT

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
Any that you guys have found to be better then others? I recently discovered Mindful Hunter and he is phenomenal. He does ridiculously detailed gear reviews and he is not sponsored by anyone. He actually calls out the industry for that very concept. I also like meat eater and the Bear Grease Podcast.

Recently started the guide sessions. He interviews guides around the country. So far so good. I’m going to give meat eater a try again.

Bear grease is some weird southern fetish nonsense. He romanticizes everything about Arkansas to the point of inducing vomiting. I grew up in that area and most people I know that have heard an episode of bear grease find it all a bit weird…

Yoder

WKR
Most of my favorite podcasts are not about hunting. For hunting I like Before the Echo, Meat eater and THP. I think my favorite podcast is The Shawn Ryan Show. I also like Jocko, Rogan, Modern Wisdom, Jordan Peterson. For all you haters, Cam Haines has a new podcast and it's actually pretty good. It's not about hunting, just exceptional people.

Bear grease is some weird southern fetish nonsense. He romanticizes everything about Arkansas to the point of inducing vomiting. I grew up in that area and most people I know that have heard an episode of bear grease find it all a bit weird…

Bear Grease all the way.

I lived in AR for a bit growing up and enjoyed it (living on a lake in the woods). Bear Grease Podcast doesn't bother me a bit. Clay likes his home state. I can appreciate that. More importantly, his podcasts are some of the finest modern American folk art that I know of. He covers a broad spectrum of people and a way that is very uplifting...to me.

*zap*

WKR
I try to stay away from podcasts as much as possible but do listen to excerpts on a subject that I searched. Rather that listen to other people have a conversation I try to talk to people but it can be difficult to find participants....maybe it is me?

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
I listen to a few different genres, but I've been struggling lately to find anything of interest. Meat Eater is the only one I listen to almost every episode. I agree with @Idaho_Potato about Bear Grease. Some of the topics are interesting, but the way he speaks makes it hard to listen. Not sure if it is inflection, cadence, or something else. I did enjoy the turkey poacher episodes.

ODB

WKR
I listen to a few different genres, but I've been struggling lately to find anything of interest. Meat Eater is the only one I listen to almost every episode. I agree with @Idaho_Potato about Bear Grease. Some of the topics are interesting, but the way he speaks makes it hard to listen. Not sure if it is inflection, cadence, or something else. I did enjoy the turkey poacher episodes.

I know what you mean

When he talks

He has a way of breaking up his sentences

In a way

That makes listening to him

Like a roller coaster ride.

dwhicker

FNG
I know what you mean

When he talks

He has a way of breaking up his sentences

In a way

That makes listening to him

Like a roller coaster ride.

I didn’t know that it would be so polarizing haha. I really like the way he speaks, it beats the southern Utah redneck accent that I’m so accustomed to. I read your post in his voice and you did depict it very accurately