Too many podcasts?

I listen to them as background when I am tying flies or messing with firearms and equipment in my den. I have tough time just sitting there listening to them. If something catches my attention or interest I can play it back and pay more attention. I’m doubtful regardless of how many there are or how many I enjoy listening to if it will let it cause me the least bit of worry. Bottom line, I appreciate the effort made to create content for hunting and fishing and other outdoor pursuits And like the idea that many are enthusiastic about that content.

Jpsmith1

Lil-Rokslider
Any that you guys have found to be better then others? I recently discovered Mindful Hunter and he is phenomenal. He does ridiculously detailed gear reviews and he is not sponsored by anyone. He actually calls out the industry for that very concept. I also like meat eater and the Bear Grease Podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the recommendation.

Unlike these folks, I work alone and my podcast list is getting too short

Nope. My issue is that I find a good podcast, then the host runs out of stuff to talk about, and pretty soon he’s doing interviews with sponsors and “buddies”. I like the tech stuff, I don’t want to hear about somebody’s buddy’s high fence audad hunt in Texas or some manufacturer telling me why their product is the best.
Im a bit biased but i enjoy our cofounders podcast Days in The Wild with John Stallone he's been doing it for like 16 years

Ucsdryder

WKR
Im a bit biased but i enjoy our cofounders podcast Days in The Wild with John Stallone he's been doing it for like 16 years
Welcome to the board! I’ll give it a listen based off what I’ve seen from your organization the past year. Keep hammering on Colorado wolves! Don’t give up the good fight!!!!

tony

WKR
Found a new one that is pretty easy on the ears.
Detectives don't sleep, from the Real Dictators, (another great one) crew
Guy that narrates has that old school voice that you would hear in an old detective show.

The only thing I listen to is hunting podcast. Kifaru, elk shape, elk talk, the element, meat eater, elk bros, gritty, big honker, roe hunting resources, east meets west, easton elevated, cam hanes, wired to hunt, born and raised, plus a few others. Always have a new episode to listen to.

I jumped on the podcast thing about 10 years ago. Have found my tastes evolve and my listening will ebb and flow among and within titles. I listen to about 3 news round ups daily and two weekly news podcasts. Everything else - lifestyle, hunting, sports, music, history, politics, business, etc. tends to be haphazard based on the topic/guest and how much listening time I have. If I am doing a lot of driving I listen more.

I have also become mindful of preserving dead space in my day. I do some of my best thinking when I exercise or walk or work around the house and I have found that having a podcast playing disrupts this process. If I am listening or even half listening, I think my brain is partly occupied processing the words of the podcast, even if I am not really paying attention. someone smarter than me can probably explain it, but it just feels like processing a podcast draws power from my brain and keeps me from thinking at the same level. I dound that I value that time to think more than whatever I derive from listening to some podcast that I am not specifically interested in hearing.

gabenzeke

WKR
I can't find enough podcasts. I listen all day every day on a broad range of topics. Hunting, true crime, religion, history, and whatever else I come across that sounds interesting.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Kirby86

FNG
Blurry Creatures… just because I like to make my 4am hikes into the woods even creepier than they already are

I drive a minimum of 3 hours a day. I have no trouble keeping up with the ones I care to listen to.
I jumped on the podcast thing about 10 years ago. Have found my tastes evolve and my listening will ebb and flow among and within titles. I listen to about 3 news round ups daily and two weekly news podcasts. Everything else - lifestyle, hunting, sports, music, history, politics, business, etc. tends to be haphazard based on the topic/guest and how much listening time I have. If I am doing a lot of driving I listen more.

I have also become mindful of preserving dead space in my day. I do some of my best thinking when I exercise or walk or work around the house and I have found that having a podcast playing disrupts this process. If I am listening or even half listening, I think my brain is partly occupied processing the words of the podcast, even if I am not really paying attention. someone smarter than me can probably explain it, but it just feels like processing a podcast draws power from my brain and keeps me from thinking at the same level. I dound that I value that time to think more than whatever I derive from listening to some podcast that I am not specifically interested in hearing.
I can't find enough podcasts. I listen all day every day on a broad range of topics. Hunting, true crime, religion, history, and whatever else I come across that sounds interesting.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Any favourites? I’m starting to get bored of my regular ones, and it’ll be a while before a new season of Blowback drops.

That’s a bit like someone saying they can’t stand to listen to music.

I mean, there is a pretty wide range of content and quality; it’s not all ad-filled junk with idiots yammering over each other.

I totally agree that some (many, in fact) are unlistenable, but others are must-listen. And there’s something for everyone.

I appreciate Joseph von Benedikt’s “Backcountry Hunting” podcast. He prepares very well, so the flow is more like storytelling. Focused, not a wasted moment, most of the time. The segments that break it up are a good, short change of pace.

A trend I find annoying with podcasts is that often, if you skip the first 5 minutes, you’ve missed nothing. Those ads and “hey man, how’s the weather in Texas?” conversations can take up to 10 minutes or more. Then even the substantive conversation drags with not much that couldn’t have been said in 10 minutes instead of 50.

All of that to say, were I not so aggravated by that tendency in the podcast genre, I’d probably have the same problem.

I know what you mean

When he talks

He has a way of breaking up his sentences

In a way

That makes listening to him

Like a roller coaster ride.
You mean Cal? lol that guy is hard for me to listen to. It’s an unusual cadence for sure.

Agree clay can be a little staccato in his cadence but it’s by far my favorite podcast.
This country life is up there too.
I guess neither are strictly hunting podcasts so I’m off topic, lol