Too many podcasts?

ODB

WKR
I didn’t know that it would be so polarizing haha. I really like the way he speaks, it beats the southern Utah redneck accent that I’m so accustomed to. I read your post in his voice and you did depict it very accurately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Just taking the piss out of him. I actually think he is a better storyteller than Steve. Cadence notwithstanding.

JStol5

WKR
I dialed back on most of the hunting podcasts. Kifarucast and Remi are the only ones I listen to now.

I really enjoy comedy pods. Always keep things different and fresh. A few others I like:

Art of Manliness is great, Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History is pretty mind blowing. Rogan, Jocko, good stuff too.

grfox92

WKR
I used to have that problem, but now I don't listen to half of them unless I like the guest or topics discussed.

I've consumed more podcasts then most due to commuting and working alone alone. I'm listening to more books now.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I used to listen to 6. I got burnt out not being able to keep up with them all. Now I'm down to one. May listen to a second every now and then.

cnelk

WKR
I’ve only listened to ONE podcast in its entirety. They typically bore me and I don’t spend hours in my truck

The one I did listen to was very good.

MeatEater had Montana elk hunter Eduardo Garcia on and talked about how he got electrocuted while hunting.

I think it was called ‘Charged’ or something

GoatPackr

WKR
I just started listening to them a few months ago. Most get very boring. Some dude that just rambles on like he's some kinda authority on a subject but in reality is just repeating what he got off 50 other podcast. They he goes on 10 of his buddies podcasts and they all act like he's something special and they all trade being on each other's podcasts and stroke each other.
I tried listening to Bear Grease and his spring bear hunting in MT. I couldn't handle it and had to change it.. Guy had no clue yet goes on like he's some pro. And who cares about Arkansa.

Some of my favorite are Sthealthy Hunter Hunt Harvest Health, Aaron Snyder and then Iisten to some on goats and a couple on old Cowboy stories. Sometimes I like the stories on A View from Camp . I like the Rokcast especially anything with Roby Denning. Always good info and no better than everyone attitude. Oh and recently found Shoot 2 Hunt. That's been interesting.

I commute 1 hr 15 minutes each way for work to it helps pass time and the radio gets really old listening to the same songs over and over.

Kris

I’m curious how many others are dealing with the same problem of having far too many podcasts they enjoy? I have about 6 I listen to religiously that put out content multiple times a week and about 8 others that I listen to off and on depending on the subject. Mostly hunting, shooting, fitness/health, religion, and investing podcasts in that order. I sometimes feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with it all because I thoroughly enjoy them!
Not the case for me, there are a crap ton of them, but only a handful that I don’t get sick of.

Granted I have been doing some mind numbing boring work driving around all day so I go through the ones I like quick, but next week I’ll be done with that and will not have that problem anymore 😉

I have been in a pickup about 12hrs a day for 4 days a week and will be on the boat for 15-17hrs a day every day starting the first so I will have a 45 minute drive to work and home so I won’t run out of podcasts to listen to

I wish there were about 10 podcasts I liked so far this year, but I have only found a few that I like… most of the hunting podcasts get tiresome pretty fast, don’t know why, but they just start seeming like the same thing.

i commute an hour each way so my weeks go like this:

Monday: 2 Bears 1 Cave
Tues: Meateater
Wed: Meateater Trivia
Thursday: Kill Tony or Joe Rogan if he has an interesting guest. I fast forward through all the MMA talk though.

Other ones I like are Adam Corolla, Broken Record (Rick Rubin interviewing musicians), Lex Friedman, This Past Weekend (Theo Vonn)

tony

WKR
I have about 60 podcasts on my phone
Listen to about 10.
Joe Von Benedict
EXO guys
There's one out of Canada and I can't think of the name - mountain hunting
Vortex is pretty good
Gun Talk
If your a firefighter - gettin salty is the best
Real Dictators
Kifaru on occasion
Couple music ones.
I cannot not stand "modern music" so I'll drive in silence if I don't listen to podcasts.
I have a ton of CDs I need to convert over to thumb drives one day.

def90

WKR
It's like living in Colorado.. you can either partake in a dozen or so outdoor activities a couple days a year each or pick 2-3 activities you really like and do them year round.

hunterjmj

WKR
I always listened to MeatEater then it seems they got away from the norm for a while but they've had some interesting people on lately. Stuff You Should Know podcast is great and reminds me of How it's Made just a podcast version. Clark Howard has a good financial podcast. Robby Denning was born to be behind a mic and always enjoy listening to him. I really enjoyed KifaruCast when Frank was on it. Joseph Von Benedict and Epic outdoors are the only other hunting podcasts I listen too anymore.

Rich M

WKR
Ive got bad ears and have trouble hearing them. Not worth the effort to figure out ehat they are saying when they are only trying to fill minutes w “content”.

Traveler

WKR
I have 5-6 that are very different topics and only listen to them while driving. Even then they are typically background noise to something else I’m thinking about. I like podcasts well enough but never got into them I guess

OP
EZduzIT

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
I just started listening to them a few months ago. Most get very boring. Some dude that just rambles on like he's some kinda authority on a subject but in reality is just repeating what he got off 50 other podcast. They he goes on 10 of his buddies podcasts and they all act like he's something special and they all trade being on each other's podcasts and stroke each other.
I tried listening to Bear Grease and his spring bear hunting in MT. I couldn't handle it and had to change it.. Guy had no clue yet goes on like he's some pro. And who cares about Arkansa.

Some of my favorite are Sthealthy Hunter Hunt Harvest Health, Aaron Snyder and then Iisten to some on goats and a couple on old Cowboy stories. Sometimes I like the stories on A View from Camp . I like the Rokcast especially anything with Roby Denning. Always good info and no better than everyone attitude. Oh and recently found Shoot 2 Hunt. That's been interesting.

I commute 1 hr 15 minutes each way for work to it helps pass time and the radio gets really old listening to the same songs over and over.

Kris
What are you listening to old cowboy stories on?

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious how many others are dealing with the same problem of having far too many podcasts they enjoy? I have about 6 I listen to religiously that put out content multiple times a week and about 8 others that I listen to off and on depending on the subject. Mostly hunting, shooting, fitness/health, religion, and investing podcasts in that order. I sometimes feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with it all because I thoroughly enjoy them!
I'm a commercial delivery driver. I have around 12 different podcasts I'm able to listen to for 12 hours a day. It's the only good part of the job. Well that and the exercise I guess. We hand lift 1.8 million pounds of product per year on average.

KurtR

WKR
Retriever training ones that I have learned a lot from and call and talked to the guys who have them. Sean Ryan is good and big honker they talk everything and are funny. Used to listen to a lot of the hunting ones but they are pretty much the same thing over and over again.