Today years old

Ucsdryder

WKR
I was today years old when I learned that women no longer get perms but men do!

What have you learned recently?

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
That’s funny! I learned men got perms when I lived through the 80’s! 🤣 I learn everyday how emotional my daughters are. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Let’s see a picture. We know there’s one floating around. My daughter is almost 12, and I know what you mean.

WCB

WKR
My buddy got a perm in high school (early 2000s) just for a laugh.

CorbLand

WKR
I got a perm when I had my mullet.

This was right before I cut it off and the perm was probably 4 or 5 months old. I don’t have any pictures of when it was fresh.
DBCF1174-3029-4060-9F74-6CE5DC838406.jpeg

TSAMP

WKR
I learned that the only confirmed death on the Lewis and Clark expedition happened in NW Iowa in 1804 near what today is Souix City.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today I learned that small towns in Nebraska shut down for college football games. Also old men will stop mowing their lawns to talk about being sad the Huskers lost...
It’s an interesting place to say the least

I learned that the only confirmed death on the Lewis and Clark expedition happened in NW Iowa in 1804 near what today is Souix City.
Sergeant Floyd! There's a large obelisk monument to him up on the bluff.

Btw, it's Sioux.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Today I learned that small towns in Nebraska shut down for college football games. Also old men will stop mowing their lawns to talk about being sad the Huskers lost...
Are you there for the annual Husker Harvest Days show starting next week? That’s an American sight to see if you’re around.

One of my companies business units is precision agriculture (auto steer systems for tractors and such)… We used to have a huge booth displaying there every year. I think one Wednesday I counted over 200 pairs of overalls before I stopped keeping track.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Are you there for the annual Husker Harvest Days show starting next week? That’s an American sight to see if you’re around.
Nope, long story short. Our friends had a foster child from birth to 16 months. The husband's job took them to Nebraska. They asked us to foster for 3-6 months till she was cleared to follow them out of state... We're finally bringing her to her forever home in Nebraska, 15 months later.