Time for a member re-introduction! Where are you from+a fun fact about yourself.

Oilfieldmiller

Lil-Rokslider
Grew up in Indiana. But live in Mnt Home idaho now.

Fun fact I've hunted/fished in 14 different states and 2 other countries (Germany and scottland). Also completed my first turkey grandslam before I was 22.
Oh and I'm about to be first time dad within the next few weeks!!!

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woods89

WKR

British R&B/reggae group. Sumbitch pushed in line at a festival I was attending & bought the last bag of Liquorice Allsorts i'd been waiting 30 minutes to buy. Knocked him cold with one punch, took the candy & promptly got arrested. Ridiculously, I wasn't charged for any crime and was released with no charges in less than a half hour.
I found out later, that I broke 4 of his teeth, dislocated his jaw & gave him a concussion.
If you write an autobiography, I will read it.

Originally from Naches, Wa. Have lived in WA, 1L Idaho and Grant County, OR. About to move back to 7C, Idaho and stay in Idaho for a while.

FUN FACT: had a mule deer doe come out of nowhere and kick my tool out of my hands while sitting down taking a break on the fire line on the Columbia River Breaks in 2016.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member

British R&B/reggae group. Sumbitch pushed in line at a festival I was attending & bought the last bag of Liquorice Allsorts i'd been waiting 30 minutes to buy. Knocked him cold with one punch, took the candy & promptly got arrested. Ridiculously, I wasn't charged for any crime and was released with no charges in less than a half hour.
I found out later, that I broke 4 of his teeth, dislocated his jaw & gave him a concussion.

that sounds like a completely justified reason in my book. Remind me to never cut in front of you in line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I've got like 5 different things I want to post right now, but I'm just gonna let that one lay.......for both of your sakes.

hahahaha.. this is a kid friendly forum! if we are ever in the same place and the same time, you can tell us what you were going to say and I will tell you the whole story that is not as interesting as it sounds!

The members from the winning city (most members) will be sent a Rokslide decal. I’ll also draw a random name from all the participants and send them a sponsor swag bag. Deadline for entry is Friday, Feb. 19th!

I’ll go first.
I’m from Coeur d’Alene
fun fact: I ran my first half marathon in 2019
From Modesto,Ca. My handle on here is cacklercrazy. It's a reference to one of biggest passions goose hunting.

Billinsd

WKR
I grew up in Orange County, first 14 years in Yorba Linda, birth place of Nixon. I moved to San Diego for college in 1984 and never left.

Fun facts: I went to high school with John Wayne's youngest daughter. John Wayne sat in the pilot's seat in my dad's airplane in 1970 after he filmed "The cowboys". His buddy owned a plane across from my dad's and when my dad told his personal pilot he was selling his plane, he said John Wayne was in the market for one. I couldn't meet John Wayne, nor my brother, mom or my dad's secretary, because he didn't like women or kids. I saw Richard Nixon when I was 4 when he was running for President. My parents occasionally saw him at a popular Mexican restaurant in San Clemente near his mansion. I lived in Orange County when there were orange groves, Disneyland was brand new and Knotts Berry farm didn't have rides yet.

Last edited:

Ursus1975

FNG
Athens, Alabama

I'm the only Hunter in my family. In high school my best friend and his Dad would take me deer hunting, been hooked ever since.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Missouri.
Born in Louisiana. Lived all over. My dad retired from the military.
Funnest Fact!!!: Five working days left until my own retirement!
Thirty-four years, eleven months, eight days military!
We are building a home outside Buffalo WY, which will be finished in March. Wife grew up in WY. We have been going back to WY for twenty-four years and have always considered it home.
Now... to just be able to acclimate to wind and cold. :)

Thank you for your service!

jaypope

Lil-Rokslider
From Brevard, NC. Currently live in Raleigh. Moved to MT in 1991 for 5 years so I call MT home as well.

Fun facts. I used to manage the Heidelhaus restaurant in Missoula. Hank Williams JR used to frequent us. He liked me bc I had a southern accent and “was the only person he could understand” in MT. Very long story short I got invited to one of his party’s. The rest of the story is best told over a campfire. While in MT I was charged by a female bear protecting her Cubs (technically we were in BC). Also charged by 3 moose. Something about big critters like to chase me. I’ve also been to all 50 states and fished or hunted in most of them.

That you JT?