"Tikka's just don't shoot good" - Gunwerks podcast

Dillan48

FNG
My tikka in 300wsm is great! After the fist zero I’ve been shooting sub MOA and the It isn’t even broken in!

Here’s what the head honcho’s rifle at Gunwerks shoots like at 100 before a sheep hunt. If I had a dollar for every time yahoo on YouTube hit an animal “a bit back” and then proceed to pull their face off the stock to cycle the gun I’m gonna cry.

4EEB1D35-C45A-401A-92A4-0F56B6E0D722.png

joelbiltz

WKR
Here is a picture of my buddy’s 100 yard group from his 1000 yard out of the box 10k rifle with said rifle company’s loaded ammo. I really don’t think they have a lot of room to talk about other rifles not shooting!!! BTW he sent it back for a full refund and it took several months to get his money back. And no it was not shooter error.
0093EC59-E2D0-4925-BF4C-70FE6D59393E.jpeg

16Bore

WKR
But it’s a “system”. Gotta have a system. All about the system. The system is the system and you need a system.

For the low low price of $10,000 and a divorce, you too can be a part of the Chris Kyle Carlos Hathcock system. Act now and We’ll post your shit on Instagram for free!

GMAFB

joelbiltz

WKR
But it’s a “system”. Gotta have a system. All about the system. The system is the system and you need a system.

For the low low price of $10,000 and a divorce, you too can be a part of the Chris Kyle Carlos Hathcock system. Act now and We’ll post your shit on Instagram for free!

GMAFB

Unfortunately I played into that “System bullshit” for years. Once I figured out their lies, and BS I dropped them like a bad habit and have not looked back!!

Here is a picture of my buddy’s 100 yard group from his 1000 yard out of the box 10k rifle with said rifle company’s loaded ammo. I really don’t think they have a lot of room to talk about other rifles not shooting!!! BTW he sent it back for a full refund and it took several months to get his money back. And no it was not shooter error.
View attachment 178558

One good hit and then he forgot to ‘do his part’ :D

Seriously though, what was the diagnosis on that? It’s their ammo and rifle. Shooter you say is not the issue. Torque on the screws? Loose scope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joelbiltz

WKR
One good hit and then he forgot to ‘do his part’ :D

Seriously though, what was the diagnosis on that? It’s their ammo and rifle. Shooter you say is not the issue. Torque on the screws? Loose scope?

Who knows what their “excuse” was. He was pissed. Just spent 10k on a rifle that shot like shit. I can understand a factory rifle not shooting but a 10k “system” should be perfect every time no questions asked.

Who knows what their “excuse” was. He was pissed. Just spent 10k on a rifle that shot like shit. I can understand a factory rifle not shooting but a 10k “system” should be perfect every time no questions asked.

Yeah that's pretty terrible. For that kind of coin they should be dang near perfect. I've got a (older) Remmy 700 in 30-06 that'll beat that...at 200 yards...with factory ammo. My wife's Tikka will out shoot that at 100 yards...

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Did Nightforce no longer want to deal with gunwerks or vice versa?

I’m not sure of the inner workings, except that Caylen Wojcik has a relationship with Leupold, started doing work with Gunwerks a year or two ago, and now they’re pushing them.

This ain’t a bash leupold thing. In the last year I’ve spoken to and seen more people have issues with GW systems than in the entire decade previous.

JGRaider

WKR
I have been looking into getting a new gun for more long range shooting to replace my browning .270. I was looking into a Tikka as I heard they are really good gun for the money. I was listening to the Gunwerks long-range podcast and someone on their said something along the lines of "Everyone thinks Tikkas shoot good and I can tell you they just don't". What is the general consensus of the Tikka's? I was kind of set on the Tikka but now I am second guessing. I understand that they probably don't shoot good if you are comparing them to a $6000 custom Gunwerks rifle but just wanted some first hand accounts of them.

The people that believe this line of crap are the same dumbassses that would spend $9k+ for one of his rigs.

deadwolf

WKR
I saw their new “blaster” rifle/pistol come out the other day, $10,000 “system” and all 50 prebuilds sold out in 48hrs. Just a quick $500,000 in sales. Just goes to show there is almost no limit to the number of people readily willing to drop some serious coin due to social media hype and good marketing.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
I’m not sure of the inner workings, except that Caylen Wojcik has a relationship with Leupold, started doing work with Gunwerks a year or two ago, and now they’re pushing them.

This ain’t a bash leupold thing. In the last year I’ve spoken to and seen more people have issues with GW systems than in the entire decade previous.

Completely off topic but have you handled, shot or have an opinion on the Leupold mark 5hd? It’s on my list of possible scopes to look at in the future. Specifically the 44mm version.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mostly restating previous comments here but...

You can hit a 10” target at 100 yards with a rifle that only shoots 5” groups! Haha
Custom rifles are amazing. I’d love to have one. But I’d probably never shoot well enough to be able to tell the difference between a high end factory rifle and a high end custom.
Gunwerks: awesome.
Tikka: awesome.

Woodrow F Call

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like I need to go shoot or take pictures of all my targets so I don't repost the same ones. I'm not an exceptional shooter.... at all. This is pretty close to what my dumb ass can get out of this gun.... Okay, it's the best group, but really right at an inch for 10 rounds is easy for this gun. 20190829_122329.jpg20190829_122339.jpg

KClark

WKR
I feel like I need to go shoot or take pictures of all my targets so I don't repost the same ones. I'm not an exceptional shooter.... at all. This is pretty close to what my dumb ass can get out of this gun.... Okay, it's the best group, but really right at an inch for 10 rounds is easy for this gun.

Good job! I like how you don't have a quarter laying on the target hiding the flyer.

Is that a heat gun on the bench? What did you use it for and what did you find out?

Woodrow F Call

Lil-Rokslider
Good job! I like how you don't have a quarter laying on the target hiding the flyer.

Is that a heat gun on the bench? What did you use it for and what did you find out?

Temp gun. I was recording the temp of the ammo. I probably have about 300 rounds through the gun, but I haven't compiled it all yet. It's also between different types and whatnot. I'm not sure there is a lot to learn yet. I'm just figuring this stuff out. I had been playing with different types of ammo and wanted to see the effect of temp on velocity. I have a Chrony, but I keep hearing that they really aren't all that accurate.

I had almost decided on my combination, but I think I want to try a change in powder..... I also may just want to just buy ammo. Haven't decided for sure yet. I haven't had time to shoot in awhile, but maybe after May.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Completely off topic but have you handled, shot or have an opinion on the Leupold mark 5hd? It’s on my list of possible scopes to look at in the future. Specifically the 44mm version.

It’s the best variable power scope that Leupold has ever made..... and there are still issues. They tend to lose zero from side impacts, and about 15-20% that I’ve seen had issues with function by 1k round.

smithjd

FNG
I’ve got a Tikka CTR in 308 that is a consistent 3/4 moa rifle. And that is confirmed with repeated 5 shot groups on paper out to 600.

From what I’m reading and what others have done, you can turn them into a decent switch-barrel rifle with prefit barrels, since the actions are machined so well. I may start looking for a magnum bolt...