"Tikka's just don't shoot good" - Gunwerks podcast

Lawnboi

WKR
It’s the best variable power scope that Leupold has ever made..... and there are still issues. They tend to lose zero from side impacts, and about 15-20% that I’ve seen had issues with function by 1k round.

Thanks. Well there goes that idea. If expert voice would get some 42mm nxs in that would be great....

I saw their new “blaster” rifle/pistol come out the other day, $10,000 “system” and all 50 prebuilds sold out in 48hrs. Just a quick $500,000 in sales. Just goes to show there is almost no limit to the number of people readily willing to drop some serious coin due to social media hype and good marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basically vortex for the mossback/guided kook brigade.

ben Franklin coined it 250 years ago

fools and money are soon parted.

deadwolf

WKR
Im either going to email nightforce or just grab a 42mm shv.

Iv been mentally preparing for the argument with my wife after I rush purchase it for months now.

The 3-10x42 SHV is a a really nice scope, I like them a lot. Unfortunately, the reticle choices aren’t what I would prefer and are limited in that model. Don’t know why there’s no MIL option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since this has turned more or less into the reliability discussion about why Tikka's just work in comparison to other rifles - I was curious if anyone could comment on how the Sauer 100/Mauser M18 action compares to the Tikka action. I've heard good things about the Sauer 100 and depending on the exact version it can be had for roughly the same price as a Tikka with a few nice upgrades (threaded barrel, three way safety, cerakote, etc). If it exhibits similar levels of reliability I'd want to consider it, otherwise I'll just be boring and go buy a Tikka.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Since this has turned more or less into the reliability discussion about why Tikka's just work in comparison to other rifles - I was curious if anyone could comment on how the Sauer 100/Mauser M18 action compares to the Tikka action. I've heard good things about the Sauer 100 and depending on the exact version it can be had for roughly the same price as a Tikka with a few nice upgrades (threaded barrel, three way safety, cerakote, etc). If it exhibits similar levels of reliability I'd want to consider it, otherwise I'll just be boring and go buy a Tikka.

I haven’t seen enough Sauer 100’s used to state either way. However, what I have seen has been good and I would use one if it fit my needs. The Sauers do have a better buttstock than Tikkas.

I haven’t seen enough Sauer 100’s used to state either way. However, what I have seen has been good and I would use one if it fit my needs. The Sauers do have a better buttstock than Tikkas.

That's my take exactly, they seem nice, they've got a couple nice features, but they seem to be so uncommon it's hard to know how they'll take long term.

Sample of one but my buddy has a Sauer 100 in 6.5PRC and it has preformed great so far. He only has 150-200 rounds through it but it shoots well (around 1/2 moa 5 shot) , cycles well, and feels pretty good for a production gun. If the gun fits someone’s needs I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.

I feel like I need to go shoot or take pictures of all my targets so I don't repost the same ones. I'm not an exceptional shooter.... at all. This is pretty close to what my dumb ass can get out of this gun.... Okay, it's the best group, but really right at an inch for 10 rounds is easy for this gun. View attachment 178938View attachment 178939

You shoot so well because of your screen name...

“You ride with an outlaw, you die with an outlaw”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I purchased a T3x SL in 300wsm a few weeks ago. Finally got to take it out quick - waiting on powder so I just have a box of Federals new Berger load. Shots 2-3-4 right at in inch with a not so stable rest(new area because my old one got a road punched through it so I was just trying to find somewhere).

Just like Kimbers - they just don’t shoot good. Might as well go sell it so I can one day afford a Gunwerks 🙄😂

PURG

FNG
I took a Tikka BA in trade and planned on rebarreling it. I decided to see what it would do before taking it apart.

pic is not uploading for some reason but 5 shot group was around 0.25. I guess that’s not good.

Attachments

• FE811F7E-B286-45B0-95D7-AD394ACAE497.jpeg
    FE811F7E-B286-45B0-95D7-AD394ACAE497.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 82
I took a Tikka BA in trade and planned on rebarreling it. I decided to see what it would do before taking it apart.

pic is not uploading for some reason but 5 shot group was around 0.25. I guess that’s not good.

Terrible. You might want to just give it away

Ripnbst

FNG

I took the leap and bought a Sauer 100 in 7 Rem Mag because I was able to find it on sale for $400. I figured how could I go wrong for so cheap? Man, the rifle flat shoots. I didnt take any pictures of the targets. I am in the process of swapping the optic over to a Zeiss Conquest and may go out and rezero it this afternoon. I'll post some pics of the target but I really like it. I hope that I can get an aftermarket stock for it from someone at some point. The factory stock is molded plastic and really the only thing I want to improve on it. Everything else is fantastic!

smithjd

FNG
Yesterday, I installed a KRG Bravo stock on my brother’s CTR in 6.5 CM. We took it out and verified zero at 100 with NO POI change. He then let me shoot it and I put 3 rounds in the same hole, probably smaller than 0.3” ctc. He then shot one at the same group, but widened the hole by about a half bullet width. He was VERY happy with how it shot. He is using factory Hornady ammo.

Jet4

FNG
I have a t3 in 30,06 and I just noticed that the stock is now rubbing on the barrel pretty hard. Must have warped in my safe.

slowelk

WKR
@Formidilosus or anyone else cranking their actions down to 60+ inch #, have you ever had any adverse effects like a stock cracking, a screw stripping out, new pressure points, etc?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus or anyone else cranking their actions down to 60+ inch #, have you ever had any adverse effects like a stock cracking, a screw stripping out, new pressure points, etc?

No sir.

I remove the stock contact points and truly free float the barrel- no dollar bill nonsense. Degrease like a boss, loctite, 65in-lbs. Have had no problems with a bunch of them.