Tikka T3 Upgrades

GKPrice

Banned
I changed out my bolt handle and bolt shroud. Other than that, I am content for now. Once I get it scoped, I will see how bad the .300WM likes to kick my arse to see if I want a brake.

20150114_165345.jpg

I have a superlight in 300 win mag with a limbsaver pad, shoots 200 gr accubonds into 1/2" at 200 yds all the time (when I'm on) not bad in the least to shoot for recoil

GKPrice

Banned
They now have KUIU patterns available also.

Nuke Man - that is a DARN nice looking rifle ! as far as the recoil lug goes, Mountain Tactical "may" just be selling but their statement is that the stock aluminum one will distort over time, let's keep one another posted on that ....

Nuke Man

WKR
We'll see how long "over time" is! I highly doubted Tikka would put out an aluminum block if it didn't hold up. If it does I will definitely post pictures. Now I'm just waiting for Tikka to put out a 6.5 creedmoor!

Cranny

Lil-Rokslider
How long did LRI have your bolt? They recieved mine on Monday, haven't heard anything yet. Just getting antsy to shoot mine..

I changed out my bolt handle and bolt shroud. Other than that, I am content for now. Once I get it scoped, I will see how bad the .300WM likes to kick my arse to see if I want a brake.

20150114_165345.jpg

colonel00

WKR
How long did LRI have your bolt? They recieved mine on Monday, haven't heard anything yet. Just getting antsy to shoot mine..

Oh, around a week maybe a little more but under two weeks I think. They definitely had a quick turnaround. It does sound like they may be receiving an influx of business from Roksliders though so it may take a hair longer.

Cranny

Lil-Rokslider
Oh, around a week maybe a little more but under two weeks I think. They definitely had a quick turnaround. It does sound like they may be receiving an influx of business from Roksliders though so it may take a hair longer.

Thanks, can't wait.

Browtine

WKR
Incorrect. My T3 in 223 had the factory bolt shroud come off 3 times while shooting, not good especially whilst not wearing glasses, got a heap of blow back in my face. Not a problem with the aftermarket one.

You're right, it is an upgrade, just not a necessity. I do have Tikka's with both the stock plastic shroud and the nice aftermarket shroud from Hinterland Shooting Supplies down your way! ;)

Cranny

Lil-Rokslider
Sent my bolt to LRI on Friday the 23rd, recieved the finished product today! Very fast!

Just waiting on my stock now.