Tikka T3 Upgrades

colonel00

WKR
Same gun, just the Superlite has a fluted barrel. That's pretty much the only difference.

colonel00

WKR
My latest weigh-in. Just need to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a scope

20150210_195824_zps0jpfo4tc.jpg

Trr15

WKR
Looks good colonel. How do you like that carbon fiber bolt knob? My bolt is on its way back from LRI, fluted and bead blasted.thanks for the heads up on the group buy.

colonel00

WKR
Thanks. Hard to say on the knob as of yet since I still haven't shot the thing. I do like where the swept arm sits so far and the good thing is I can always throw on a different knob if I find the CF one to be too big.

colonel00

WKR
Heh, GoPro rig is for an ice fishing trip next week. I used a similar setup a few weeks ago on another fishing trip but I haven't uploaded any videos yet. However, is a crappy screenshot showing my phone that I dropped through the ice on the bottom of Lake of the Woods :D

phone_zps390bacb0.jpg

Cranny

Lil-Rokslider
Looks awesome colonel!!! Can't go wrong with the kryptex camo, nice looking gun.

Rucker61

WKR

Here's mine. T3 lite stainless 300 win mag. Cerakote barrel and action and stock dipped in highlander. The main mods I suggest are picatinny rail and recoil pad. I left the stock recoil lug in mine just to see how it holds up. So far it's not distorted at all. Have 300 rounds through it now.

I have the short mag version in the same Cerakote and Highlander.

RedRidge

WKR
Loving all the T3 threads. I am ordering a SS 7mag here shortly. I really like the highlander look on those stocks. Haven't decided on all the details but definitely cerekote the barrell and action, paint the stock and most likely a bastard brake. Anyone on here know any reputable smiths in the west tx area or some company that has always came through with solid work?

GKPrice

Banned
Loving all the T3 threads. I am ordering a SS 7mag here shortly. I really like the highlander look on those stocks. Haven't decided on all the details but definitely cerekote the barrell and action, paint the stock and most likely a bastard brake. Anyone on here know any reputable smiths in the west tx area or some company that has always came through with solid work?
Richard Buss in Eugene OR - he patented several muzzle brake designs some time back that are "quiet" at least in comparison to the rest of 'em - work is solid as a rock 541-349-1290 - he does all of my gunsmithing these days

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

The "Micro Bastard" looks like it was made for the Tikka rifles. I can't say enough good things about them. You will be very happy with your choice. In fact, I'm sending my dad's new 7mm super light along with a buddy's Vanguard, to Al this morning to have them installed.

Al Seaman has done a few of these for me now along with a couple rifle builds. He is not local for you, but if you end up shipping, he is a great choice. I have been very happy with his work.

Last edited:
I will second the Micro Bastard brake. I have seen it in action and it does a great job at reducing recoil. I have a Little Jimmy on my 300RUM and it was installed at APA (American Precision Arms) and they do top notch work.

gelton

WKR

Don't know how far out in west tx you are but I have heard great things about Mark Phar out of round rock (Austin area). I haven't used him personally but the guy is a decorated long range competition shooter and as I said I have heard a lot of good things about him. Will be getting him to install a break on my weatherby backcountry soon. Here is his website - http://www.tumbleweedsrifles.com

RedRidge

WKR
Thanks for all of the responses gentlemen. I will check their websites out. Looking forward in putting it all together and hitting the range. I am currently away on work for another 6-7 months ensuring we can maintain this great country and I am hoping to have it all done for when I get back or at least close.

GKPrice

Banned
Thanks for all of the responses gentlemen. I will check their websites out. Looking forward in putting it all together and hitting the range. I am currently away on work for another 6-7 months ensuring we can maintain this great country and I am hoping to have it all done for when I get back or at least close.

THANK YOU ! for your service Apache16