Tikka Roughtech or Bergara Carbon Wilderness

Antares

WKR
I mean at least this thread they did ask although yes I have run into certain people who just won't hear it even if I can show it. And your post did make me chuckle.
Also I personally like the tika action as far as for a inexpensive action it's quite good is it on par with something really nice like a defiance or a bat no in my opinion not even close. But it's an affordable action that if you wanted to kit out for something else I think it's a good option.

Respectfully, you didn’t “show” anything.

You vaguely described an issue with your rifle (failure to eject) and then were unable to articulate the cause of the issue or the eventual solution. And even though you don’t know what the issue was, you’re comfortable characterizing it as a QC problem.

I’m not trying to bust your balls. I’m interested in learning about reported Tikka failures, but there’s not much to learn from your story because all the relevant details are missing.

Also, it’s T-I-K-K-A.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Yes all resolved. I didnt hear what the issue with mine was I had to send it in. The Blueing I've just seen a lot of cheap blueing lately it seems like esp on less expensive rifles. His was not mistreated nor stored wet it started rusting from being in a wet environment. No he didnt store it wet it was rusting probably by the time he was heading home from his hunt. The jamming in the chamber I didnt find out what that friend found was the solution.
This is always the answer, why can’t somebody show us an actual tikka or Sako failure other than a worn out spring here and there? It’s always the same, “this one guy I know has issues, they sold the rifle,” or, “they resolved the issue don’t know what the root cause was.”

Are they immune to field issues? No. Do they have an incredible reliability rate compared to other bolt actions with the same amount of use. Yes.

MatukaJoe

FNG
Interesting take. My guess is you haven’t shot with defiance and bats side by side with tikkas and sakos in large volumes. Here’s a quick hint…

In extensive field use and real world hunting conditions. High wind blowing dust, dirt, plant debris, mud, rain, ice, snow, etc. Guess which actions continue to function at a high level and which ones do not?

The two brands you mentioned in particular have an astronomically higher field failure rate.
Your basing your opinion because of a price tag and not because of what happens in real life.
I like Sako as I stated to the op id buy that over tikka, but yes I like defiance and have shot both.
Cheers

MatukaJoe

FNG
This is always the answer, why can’t somebody show us an actual tikka or Sako failure other than a worn out spring here and there? It’s always the same, “this one guy I know has issues, they sold the rifle,” or, “they resolved the issue don’t know what the root cause was.”

Are they immune to field issues? No. Do they have an incredible reliability rate compared to other bolt actions with the same amount of use. Yes.
I checked the spring thoroughly and field stripped. I also researched online and found others with same issue. Would this not be a QC issue just bc I don't know what it was? Not being defensive... I just would say seeing issues on three tikka in a row makes me shy of them a bit. Wouldn't it most people? And I'm not saying they're not immune to issue but they're also not the best rifle on the planet imo as some seem to opin.
Cheers

MatukaJoe

FNG
Respectfully, you didn’t “show” anything.

You vaguely described an issue with your rifle (failure to eject) and then were unable to articulate the cause of the issue or the eventual solution. And even though you don’t know what the issue was, you’re comfortable characterizing it as a QC problem.

I’m not trying to bust your balls. I’m interested in learning about reported Tikka failures, but there’s not much to learn from your story because all the relevant details are missing.

Also, it’s T-I-K-K-A.
Teee kuh lol typos aside I told what I know and have seen. Sorry if that's not helpful. The other rifles aren't mine. I know what I saw re bluing. The other jammed every shot on a new rifle with multiple bullet types and I saw that too.
Didn't take it as busting my balls no worries. I just don't have a lot of info tbh.
And I did say I like Sako and would use a tikka action. Just not an off the shelf tikka bang for the buck. Also thrice bitten on three tikka in a row twice shy
Cheers

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I checked the spring thoroughly and field stripped. I also researched online and found others with same issue. Would this not be a QC issue just bc I don't know what it was? Not being defensive... I just would say seeing issues on three tikka in a row makes me shy of them a bit. Wouldn't it most people? And I'm not saying they're not immune to issue but they're also not the best rifle on the planet imo as some seem to opin.
Cheers
The only symptoms you've mentioned in this thread were "my rifle stopped ejecting brass" "another buddy's almost immediately had brass jamming in the throat chamber".

When asked if these issues were resolved you said "yes all resolved" but then could not articulate the cause of the issue on your gun. You also could not articulate the cause of the issue on your buddy's gun. The third rifle, no symptoms were stated in this thread, or what the resolution of that was.

Who sends in a rifle, gets it back, the issue is resolved, and then never finds out what the issue was? What parts did they replace? What tolerance spec on the gun wasn't met from the factory? Were both of you shooting hand loads?

Do you do the same thing when your vehicles need service? You get get charged for parts and service and don't care what was wrong with the vehicle?

I'm not trying to berate you here, but you came back to defend...

Coming into a thread, stating you've had issues, then not providing any feedback on how/why the issues came about, and what the resolution to the problem was, gives zero credibility to any argument against any brand gun.