Tikka action clearance for wsm

Forrest84

FNG
Was just curious about something. My tikka in 300wsm shoots incredibly well but there is a little quark bothering me. The bottom of the action seems to be a bit narrow for the WSM cases. The feeding is not real smooth so you have to run the bolt it in in one positive motion or it will jam. I haven’t heard this mentioned before in all my reading which I find odd. Can the bottom of the action be opened up some to smith up the feeding?

Was just curious about something. My tikka in 300wsm shoots incredibly well but there is a little quark bothering me. The bottom of the action seems to be a bit narrow for the WSM cases. The feeding is not real smooth so you have to run the bolt it in in one positive motion or it will jam. I haven’t heard this mentioned before in all my reading which I find odd. Can the bottom of the action be opened up some to smith up the feeding?

I have a .338 Sherman Mega built on a T3 action. The SM has similar case dimensions to a WSM (just a little longer and with a sharper shoulder).
I don't have any feeding problems with mine at all. That being said, I always work my bolt like it is supposed to be worked. Smoothly, quickly, and with a bit of force. There is no situation that I can think of that would need me to be gentle with the bolt.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I had that issue with new brass. As soon as I prepped the case mouth and filed the metal on the end of the tikka mag down a little (had a square edge catching the brass), it solved it.

The intermediate fix was to close bolt with authority like you mentioned…why I think it could be similar.