Boot recommendation for elk

Looking for a boot recommendation. I like a shorter boot with a fairly flexible sole that is waterproof. I prefer all leather since I can treat it and keep the boot waterproof. Also prefer something fairly lightweight. What do yall recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildcat33

WKR
I have used many many boots and recently tried the Hoffman summits. They are phenomenal boots. Light for all leather (simple construction with minimal stitching and flashy doodads). All around very well made and fitting.

They are slightly less stiff than a typical all leather mtn boot (lowa Tibet as an example). But they are not as flexible as something like a schnees timberline or mission.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Solomon gore-tex trail running shoes. Seriously.
^^^^^ This^^^^
I went this route as well - I have a pair of Innov-8 Gore-tex mountain running shoes with graphene soles. You would be surprised how much lighter your legs feel and how much less foot and leg fatigue you have at the end of the day. Its night and day difference from your typical heavy/clunky leather hiking boots. Obviously not a great option if you're late season hunting and are into deep snow, but for your typical September archery elk hunt, they are the ticket.

taskswap

WKR
Which ever boot fits best out of the box. You need to try a bunch on and see what feels best on your own feet
This.

There is no "best" boot for everyone. I spent a fair bit on some nice Danners that gave me the worst blisters and aching arches I've ever had. For 3 years I hunted in a pair of Dicks-Sporting-Goods-sourced $100 Timberlands and they were amazing, until they fell apart (but hey, for the price... I must have put 300 rough-terrain miles on them...) The year that happened, the only backup I had available was a pair of Dewalt work boots and I put 50 miles on THOSE without hurting myself so it just goes to show, the best boots for you are the ones that fit, and that you have. :)

Weldor

WKR
This.

There is no "best" boot for everyone. I spent a fair bit on some nice Danners that gave me the worst blisters and aching arches I've ever had. For 3 years I hunted in a pair of Dicks-Sporting-Goods-sourced $100 Timberlands and they were amazing, until they fell apart (but hey, for the price... I must have put 300 rough-terrain miles on them...) The year that happened, the only backup I had available was a pair of Dewalt work boots and I put 50 miles on THOSE without hurting myself so it just goes to show, the best boots for you are the ones that fit, and that you have. :)
Agreed

WaWox

FNG
I never wore boots for backpacking and am loath to use heavy boots now either. Vivo barefoot seem to be a great compromise especially if you are used to low or zero drop shoes.

I bought Salomon gtx boots, about the lightest conventional hiking boots, and my feet are more tired after a 2mile test hike with my toddler than after 6miles in trail runners WITH a pack or 4 miles in Vivo ans very heavy pack.. Just don't get the stiff sole boots appeal...

Vivo barefoot work well for wetter terrain bc of higher rise. With gaiters even deep snow should be fine but haven't tried it myself.