Hog hunts near Aiken SC?

M24

FNG
Visiting family in December and wanted to give a hog hunt a go. Anyone have any recommendations for a guide service or area to hunt?

FWIW, you're not likely to see much of a response since you're a new member and asking for areas to hunt.

No recommendations on a guide. Chances of success on public are low due to pressure on limited public land pushing pigs onto private, the transient nature of the pigs, and them being mostly nocturnal--no night hunting on public land.

Having said that, December is a nice time of year to take a rifle on a walk in the woods in SC, and as of last year you can (finally) hunt public land on Sunday.

As I recall, most, if not all of public in SC is considered WMA land, so you'll need a WMA stamp in addition to your license if hunting public.

Reactions: M24
OP
M24

M24

FNG
FWIW, you're not likely to see much of a response since you're a new member and asking for areas to hunt.

No recommendations on a guide. Chances of success on public are low due to pressure on limited public land pushing pigs onto private, the transient nature of the pigs, and them being mostly nocturnal--no night hunting on public land.

Having said that, December is a nice time of year to take a rifle on a walk in the woods in SC, and as of last year you can (finally) hunt public land on Sunday.

As I recall, most, if not all of public in SC is considered WMA land, so you'll need a WMA stamp in addition to your license if hunting public.
Excellent, thank you for the reply,

Bert01

FNG
There are some outfitter type hog hunting places down towards the coast but I don’t know of any over that way. Fishing the Savannah river right through downtown Augusta for smallmouth is really cool and the NWTF headquarters isn’t far from Aiken if your into turkey hunting.