Tikka 223 trainer

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
I tried the AAC 75 gr blacktip over the weekend. They were 2.5” for a 20 round group. BH 77gr TMK and a couple other loads were easily an inch tighter in terms of groups, but we’re more than double the cost. Reasonable practice ammo for a reasonable cost, but I would stick to the black hills for anything with hair.

Good to know - I'll get around to trying out the 75 gr black tip shortly to compare to the 62s.

MattB

WKR
I tried the AAC 75 gr blacktip over the weekend. They were 2.5” for a 20 round group. BH 77gr TMK and a couple other loads were easily an inch tighter in terms of groups, but we’re more than double the cost. Reasonable practice ammo for a reasonable cost, but I would stick to the black hills for anything with hair.
The black tip is a hollow point?

ElPollo

WKR
The black tip is a polymer tip like an eldm. It has a much lower BC though.

BC is listed at .334, but it was $0.50 per round on sale.

MattB

WKR
The black tip is a polymer tip like an eldm. It has a much lower BC though.

BC is listed at .334, but it was $0.50 per round on sale.
I know, was obtusely inquiring why you quoted my post on the 75 gr. hollow point match rounds when criticizing the accuracy of an entirely different tipped round?

ElPollo

WKR
I know, was obtusely inquiring why you quoted my post on the 75 gr. hollow point match rounds when criticizing the accuracy of an entirely different tipped round?
Since this is the internet, you are free to ignore any or all of it. I was not criticizing that ammo. I merely stated what it would do with my rifle, and I honestly don’t think that is all that bad for a 20-round group with ammo that is $0.50/round.

I recently tried out the AAC 77 gr OTM and the 75 gr. BTHP and the 75 grainers were much more accurate in my Tikka.

I haven't shot a ton of them but the small sample sizes i had were similar - AAC 75 BTHP (hornady bullets?) shot better than the more expensive AAC 77 gr SMKs. I got some sticky bolt lift with them though so figured i'd leave em to AR blasting.

Have a new 223 wylde barrel for the tikka headed my way and might give them another shot, but probably not because I've got enough other ammo to shoot.

MattB

WKR
I haven't shot a ton of them but the small sample sizes i had were similar - AAC 75 BTHP (hornady bullets?) shot better than the more expensive AAC 77 gr SMKs. I got some sticky bolt lift with them though so figured i'd leave em to AR blasting.
The website says they are Hornady bullets (looks like they recently updated the product description with even more info on that topic) and quite a number of guys believe they are the T1C.