Thunderbeast attachments

Lawnboi

WKR
My cousin still uses a cb mount and the non timed brake and hasn't had any more issues. Maybe just a random thing that we both had them stuck shortly after getting them. Do you use any anti seize?
No anti seize anywhere. I actually cleaned and degreased the threads before applying loc tite and the brake. I also torqued the brake on with a good size wrench.

I also keep anti seize off the mount to suppressor interface. I started by using some, as I was concerned with it getting stuck, but found that the grease just hangs on to carbon and makes things worse.

I use the cb mounts. Have both timed and non timed. I have them red lol tited on per Thunderbeast instructions. I have had no issues with them loosing up. I like the cb mounts vs direct thread in that the threads of the rifles won’t get damaged!

Jimbee

WKR
I'm not an expert on this, so correct me if I am wrong, but it's been my understanding that the brake design of the CB mount plays a part of the overall performance of the can.
Interesting. I'll look into that. I might go back to the 5/8 cb mount since I have eliminated 9/16 threaded barrels

Lawnboi

WKR
Interesting. I'll look into that. I might go back to the 5/8 cb mount since I have eliminated 9/16 threaded barrels
I think the idea behind that isn’t performance related from a sound standpoint but a longevity standpoint. The break I believe takes some of the blast. Something I think I remember reading , TBAC would probably be the one to contact on it.

The NTB are pretty small/light if you do go that route.

I don't own any TBAC products, so take my opinion for whatever it's worth. I use Griffin Armament's Taper Mount and Titanium brakes on all of my guns. It's a relatively lightweight mounting solution, tightens easily, and I've never had a can walk off on me (unlike with direct thread).

My 338 ultra brake will get stuck in the can while removing sometimes when it’s hot. If I let it cool for a few minutes it will usually stay on the rifle.
If the brake is stuck in the can, clean threads, reapply lock tight, install can with stuck brake onto rifle, let cure for a few hours. Then whip out a propane torch, heat up the back end of the suppressor so the can its self will expand slightly, unscrew can.
I’ve bought new high temp locktight to try out next time it gets stuck.

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
The direct thread suppressors are just cb suppressors that have the brake loctited in. They may use rockset. Call to confirm as they will tell you over the phone.

Back to the original post, I have never seen a POI shift from removing a suppressor and putting it back on any of my thunderbeast suppressors. There very likely will be a significant POI shift shooting suppressed vs non-suppressed though. I often hunt with my suppressor off and in a pouch made for it on the outside of my backpack.

rcook10

WKR
What are you guys doing to your dang cans? I have thousands of rounds on mine on multiple rifles with zero POA shift or locking up. Rimfires, sub calibers, full power long action loads. The cb mount up is extremely repeatable and is also what thunder beast recommends for best consistency. Coned interfaces are typically more consistent in regards to alignment which is why most precision cans use this as an adapter system versus bare muzzle. One of the main dudes at TB shot a high round count PRS match over the border taking the suppressor on and off between each round and ended up placing top 3 a few years ago as a test of the machining quality. There are also plenty of videos and forums about this. Make sure you are adequately torqueing your muzzle device on, are using appripriate friction modifiers and have good threads and shoulder on your barrels and rock on. Follow the cleaning interval that thunderbeast recommends and you will never have a problem. Sure it costs a little bit to get a brake for every rifle but I have had nothing but success with mine.