Thunderbeast attachments

My first cans should be clearing ATF here soon. Got a Thunderbeast 7 for my long range rifle.

What's the best way to attach this thing for repeatable accuracy? Something I can take off when it's in the case and put back on without worrying about the zero being off. They make a quick detach gizmo?

Thanks

What did you order? It should have specified. I’d guess maybe the CB mount. The suppressor will come with a mount.

They have a few different options thou as far as mounts go.

I use the CB mount on my guns. Thunderbeast are very repeatable suppressors. Awesome suppressors

Last edited:

Geewhiz

WKR
Just make sure you screw it on all the way......

But yes, they are fantastic cans.

Last edited:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Direct thread is the perferable way to go.
The suppressor can be sent back to thunderbeast to be swapped between captive brake (CB) and DT (direct thread) It takes less then a week to ship and get it back. I was floored at how fast it was the first time.

Currently I have my cans CB using a flash hider as the attachment point. I just leave the flash hider torqued into the cans and screw the whole thing onto the barrel. The reason why is I have a couple thin profile barrels and I sent those to thunder beast to have a face mount brake installed so my suppressor can be used on those guns. For those guns I torque out the flash hider and just attach straight to the brake.

Jimbee

WKR
If you use the thunderbeast cb mount, red loc tite won't suffice. I ditched the cb mounts after the cb mount unscrewed with the suppressor a few times. It's a real pita to remove it once it's stuck in your can. (Probably some kind of pun joke there). I would suggest rock set or using a Thornton bros mount on your barrel that has wrench flats. I have a couple Thunderbeast cb mounts I'd sell, btw.

OP
TradLife406
Thanks guys!
I think it was direct thread. So I'll just keep it like that! Pretty excited! Sick of packing ear plugs to hunt! My ears are so bad that even with my guns without breaks I won't shoot without protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
If you use the thunderbeast cb mount, red loc tite won't suffice. I ditched the cb mounts after the cb mount unscrewed with the suppressor a few times. It's a real pita to remove it once it's stuck in your can. (Probably some kind of pun joke there). I would suggest rock set or using a Thornton bros mount on your barrel that has wrench flats. I have a couple Thunderbeast cb mounts I'd sell, btw.
Still have problems with red loctite? I just got some high temp stuff but I havnt broken a brake free yet with 271 red. I don’t know why 272 red loctite is so scarce right now, luckily I got a big tube at not ridiculous price.

OP there’s a few options now for thunderbeast. It dosnt look like they offer direct thread any longer but offer CB and HUB, maybe they still offer direct thread but it’s no longer listed on their site.

I havnt personally had any problems with the CB adapters, other than having to buy them. The threads fill up with some carbon, but so will a direct thread.

I had read they came out with some lightweight he mounts, which essentially turn your fan into direct thread, maybe worth a call to ask, as this is what most of the market is going to.

Jimbee

WKR
Still have problems with red loctite? I just got some high temp stuff but I havnt broken a brake free yet with 271 red. I don’t know why 272 red loctite is so scarce right now, luckily I got a big tube at not ridiculous price.

OP there’s a few options now for thunderbeast. It dosnt look like they offer direct thread any longer but offer CB and HUB, maybe they still offer direct thread but it’s no longer listed on their site.

I havnt personally had any problems with the CB adapters, other than having to buy them. The threads fill up with some carbon, but so will a direct thread.

I had read they came out with some lightweight he mounts, which essentially turn your fan into direct thread, maybe worth a call to ask, as this is what most of the market is going to.
Myself and my cousin both had cb mounts stuck in our suppressors. The options are; sending in to have removed, or cleaning the threads up and re mounting with loc tite and hoping the cb mount comes loose before the loc tite. I re mounted several times before I was successful. Maybe we didn't do a thorough enough thread cleaning and proper loc tite application? Either way, the cb mount should have a way to put a wrench on it, imo.

Lawnboi

WKR
Myself and my cousin both had cb mounts stuck in our suppressors. The options are; sending in to have removed, or cleaning the threads up and re mounting with loc tite and hoping the cb mount comes loose before the loc tite. I re mounted several times before I was successful. Maybe we didn't do a thorough enough thread cleaning and proper loc tite application? Either way, the cb mount should have a way to put a wrench on it, imo.
Interesting. Iv read enough about it that it worries me, but even after a match mine has always broken free.

Wrench flats would be nice, but add weight. I wish they would put out a jam nut tool to bust it off if needed.

Jimbee

WKR
Interesting. Iv read enough about it that it worries me, but even after a match mine has always broken free.

Wrench flats would be nice, but add weight. I wish they would put out a jam nut tool to bust it off if needed.
I think the Hansohn mount is similar weight, maybe lighter? Probably a solution to a problem you don't have

Lawnboi

WKR
I think the Hansohn mount is similar weight, maybe lighter? Probably a solution to a problem you don't have

Not a problem Iv had yet. I just committed to going suppressed on everything, so my cans will be seeing quite a few more rounds here.

I know I use all non timed brakes from TBAC, they are pretty light, I think lighter than the original. I really crank them on as well being that they don’t require any timing shims, so maybe that helps

Jimbee

WKR
Not a problem Iv had yet. I just committed to going suppressed on everything, so my cans will be seeing quite a few more rounds here.

I know I use all non timed brakes from TBAC, they are pretty light, I think lighter than the original. I really crank them on as well being that they don’t require any timing shims, so maybe that helps
My cousin still uses a cb mount and the non timed brake and hasn't had any more issues. Maybe just a random thing that we both had them stuck shortly after getting them. Do you use any anti seize?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The flash hider has wrench flats that can be used while the can is attached. I went that route for that specific reason. If it gets stuck on the barrel or in the can its easy to get out.

Geewhiz

WKR
My cousin still uses a cb mount and the non timed brake and hasn't had any more issues. Maybe just a random thing that we both had them stuck shortly after getting them. Do you use any anti seize?
If you end up getting a mount/brake stuck in the suppressor, stick it in the freezer over night and then you should be able to get it out. I had one that was super stuck and that’s what I did and was able to get it out. Never had an issue since I put it on with loc tite.