Thorofare wilderness hunt

cole96

FNG
Hi,

I’ve lurked for a while and finally am going to post. I’ve read a lot on this topic. I’m getting ready to place a deposit to secure a spot with constant quest outfitters. If I want to do first rifle it will be the season of 2029, I could get in 2028 but second rifle.

I understand the rut will be winding down. Is there a compromise of the hunt quality besides bugling and rut action? I’ve read a lot on the general hunt on all threads I could find, but never found much on this specific question. Or should I just wait the extra year. I want to have the best chance at an opportunity.

BCinKS

FNG
We hunted 2nd week up in that area last year and had some bugling. We killed a 370” bull and a rag horn. The guys opening week didn’t do to great, it was warm.

OP
C

cole96

FNG
We hunted 2nd week up in that area last year and had some bugling. We killed a 370” bull and a rag horn. The guys opening week didn’t do to great, it was warm.
Okay, sounds like the hunt was still good. Who did you go with?

T-town

FNG
We’re going with Yellowstone in 2029. Had the option of first or second rifle. I was planning to book first week but Brandon said he felt second week could be better because of better chance of good weather. Now I’ve been second guessing myself though since.

OP
C

cole96

FNG
We’re going with Yellowstone in 2029. Had the option of first or second rifle. I was planning to book first week but Brandon said he felt second week could be better because of better chance of good weather. Now I’ve been second guessing myself though since.
I was originally going to do the 1st, but spoke with a reference today who did the second. Had rutting action and better weather. So that’s what has me debating. How many points will you have in 2029? I’ll be on my 6th in 2028.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone that has gone or is planning on going.

I'm curious what the upfront and all in cost would be. This is one of those bucket list things at some point im thinking.

PM is fine. Thz

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Just rent some horses and go. It is a general hunt and not in any way worth $12000. The only benefit of a guide is camp/horse chores.

T-town

FNG
I was originally going to do the 1st, but spoke with a reference today who did the second. Had rutting action and better weather. So that’s what has me debating. How many points will you have in 2029? I’ll be on my 6th in 2028.
I'll have 8 points by then and everyone else in my group will have 7. 8 of us going together.

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
We will be with Constant Quest second rifle this year, September 28-October 5. I hope to have a positive review to share. Send me a reminder around the 8-10th of October and Ill let you know how our hunt went.

OP
C

cole96

FNG
We will be with Constant Quest second rifle this year, September 28-October 5. I hope to have a positive review to share. Send me a reminder around the 8-10th of October and I’ll let you know how our hunt went.
Will do. Good luck!